Author Topic: Computer too slow?  (Read 1047 times)

Black Jasper

Computer too slow?
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:18:59 am »
sorry for my lack of enthusiasm for this post... but i wont be in game for a while... (Unless i can get a new computer... or... find a friend who will let me play at his house) the reason: basicaly My PC does not have enugh RAM. (Mem. used while "running" a program 'i think' ) so the game runs VERY slow... if my Charactor is turned twords a larg group of people the game locks up and I Need to re-start my PC... (this happens EVERY time i log in due to my currant position
ingame)

ANY ONE WITH A FAIL PROOF FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM OUT THERE!?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Computer too slow?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 07:58:52 am »
Due to the thread position I'm starting to wonder if this is a discussionthread about slow computers or if this is a help thread or? xD

FH eats more Processor power than it does with the RAM, I think it should run rather fine on computers with lower ram actually but aye, I can't tell for certain where a limit goes for ram.

I made a tut about how you can set affinity to a certain core in the processor which reduces crashes for most and might even make it run somewhat faster, though this is not guaranteed since it's very much up to the actual hardware inside of a computer as well. Thierry here on the forum got it to run better by just setting high priority on the processor as well, so you should try it out, though read closely what it says.

If not, you could probably use a newer computer or at least upgrade the parts, though I wouldn't bother with a computer from around 04 or down. Better to just get a new cheap one.

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11278.0

Might help.
Former community manager of FeralHeart