Author Topic: Problem, exporting a preset maybe?  (Read 1681 times)

Offline duplosuper

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Mwuh I <3 FH
    • View Profile
Problem, exporting a preset maybe?
« on: December 27, 2014, 06:06:11 pm »
Hey there,
I have a problem. Yesterday I downloaded a map for a new rp.
It didn't work, it glitched and stuff.
Then I reinstalled FH, it worked fine again. Today I exported the exported the preset of that character again, and suddenly
there were the same problems again...
What might be the problem?
Things that I see in the map... or well mostly Don't see:
-The floor.
-chat box
-other icons
-mini map, (this mostly is just a plain white square

maybe someone can help me?
because I'd like to be able to use my characters preset there!

lindaminda

Re: Problem, exporting a preset maybe?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:16:04 pm »
I hope this can help

How to install a map someone else made:
Maps are also a big part of FeralHeart, hanging out in custom maps is usually where you have the most interesting times, but it's also a big part of joining private roleplays and feeling a bigger variation when playing.

If someone made a map it's most likely put up on a download link for those who wants it. The thing is that most map includes more than just "1" single file, so these are packed into either a .zip file or .rar.

Zips
.zip files are easy to open and needs to programs, just right click the downloaded zip file, and choose "Extract all".
This will unzip the files to a new folder with the same name, making them usable. If you don't do this, chances they'll work are extremely low.

Rars
.rar files is another way to pack files into a bundle. Though this requires you to have winrar or any other program that can extract these files on your computer. Winrar is free, and you can download it from their site or other sites hosting it. The .rar files works pretty much the same way, when having winrar installed, just right click the .rar file and chose extract here, and it will extract the files next to the rar in a new folder, making the files usable

Now when you have the files required extracted and all, you just need to do one more thing, and that is to paste them into your game folder. The maps works the same way as exported presets. You paste all the downloaded files into the exports folder located here:
C:\FeralHeart\exports

Sometimes the maps has more files than just exported .fhm and .fho such as .mesh .mat etc. If so, check the downloaded folder and see if there's any Readme for the map, and where to place the files. If there's noone, and you need help, contact the map creator.

When all the files are in place, the map should be visible from within the game!

Just enter the map "Cape of distant worlds" and locate the portal taking you to the map/maps.

And that's how you install maps for your game.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Problem, exporting a preset maybe?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 08:54:44 pm »
Sounds like it's something in the download that's causing you problems. If the map comes with any particle files, try deleting those. They are found in your particles folder. (Also, delete any particle files ending in _0, _1, etc.) Or, deleting the weather cycle seems to work for some people. (.fhw) Good luck!
Farewell everyone<3