Author Topic: lag  (Read 1444 times)

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
lag
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:57:02 am »
the new patch made no difference to the lag at all. in fact if anything it made it worse. ive tried to chance the rendering subsystem and no difference is made. i know im not the only one whos effected too.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: lag
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 09:44:40 am »
Could always be some ingame setting that's configured differently from what it used to, and if you're running less of a power monster it can always make impacts on the game.

Not sure how much you know about ze stuff but feel free to look anyway
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.msg144855#msg144855

On another note I never experienced any performance drop in the first place, and I just heard about it as it got fixed with a followup patch, and it seems like it fixed it for some of those having these issues.

The game did update the ogre engine it's running, so who knows, maybe things works slightly different. If there's some issue kov should be able to look into it, but keep in mind it could be something very related to your system so, maybe if possible a driver update could solve lag issues?

Just speculating here cause you can never really know.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Rak$ha

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 12:00:15 pm »
Everyone I have talked to and seen said the lag was completely gone o_O

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 05:49:49 pm »
i dont think its my computer because i only started to lag after the second most recent patch. ever since then, ive been lagging badly. its definitely the game..

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 07:14:25 pm »
I wouldn't be too certain about that still....

Sure the game can be a part of it, but since you run the game on your computer there's more that comes to play on auto. But as mentioned the game did go through an ogre update and I myself cannot know what sort of changes it might have on all the possible systems that run this game.

If this is a major glitch going on I'm sure kov will notice it and sort it eventually if he gets some information to pinpoint it, but I wouldn't take for granted that this will happen cause I myself do not know of that many cases when it comes to massive lags, nor have I sensed any myself.

Have you tried to play around with the game setting anything? Didn't get any information about that in your post.

And By curiosity, do you run a desktop computer or a laptop? How old in that case, and what sort of components possibly onboard graphics or not, single core CPU or more? If you have a newer one it should tag along well.

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 05:55:02 pm »
i have played around and it made no difference. loads of people i know have issues with the lag still and hate it and loads of them agree kovu has ruined FH because we cannot rp properly any more because of it. so its not just me. my laptop is new, and i dont have a clue what the rest of the stuff you asked means.... either way its not just me, and i know its not my computer. its ever since the two most recent patches were released, and its not just me whos experiencing this.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 06:05:11 pm »
I'm sorry, but I'm going to defend kov here since it seems like you make this his fault all together, and there's been users like myself bugging him to help us out and fix things in the game.

Just keep in mind that more than the majority are still able to play the game, but yes there's a big amount of users that has faced issues. I myself have not had any slowdown or visual glitches from the patch.

Everyone in this community and the staff has gone without patches for almost half a year with things that needed to be addressed, kov finally takes time to sort these issues and our pleas for help, and now you throw something out like he ruined the game. And I'm slightly impressed how certain you are about it not being your computer or the hardware it runs since I just asked for some information about the computer.

The only way a game like this is going to be ruined is if nothing ever changes or gets fixed, and that's exactly what he's been doing with these patches.

I'm really sorry that the game doesn't work as it should for you, but please be careful with which words you pick. The game did go through some changes, and the game is running a new version of ogre, updating a game can bring issues like these, rak also told kov to look into it, and it seemed to be working smoother for some.

Could probably inform kov about users still having issues though and see if he finds the cause.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:06:43 pm by Red »

Offline izzybelly

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 11:47:54 pm »
Ok, so the lag is not the game makers fault ok, the lag would be a glitch or the severs are very full, once it took half hour to load feral heart on my computor but still the severs where quite full. So i put my old comp back to factory settings and made it pretty much brand new, redownloaded feral heart and it made a HUGE difference on the game, it was faster but still had the average lag (Dont do this if you have important things on your comp and if you do dont blame me) so it isnt the game or anyone fault its just how much a computor can take.

Hope i helped ^^

~Izzy