Author Topic: Campain!  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Pigscannotfly

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Campain!
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:38:25 pm »
I think it would be good if we had a campain on the game i think i heard it befor but im just bringin it up again because it would be good theres somthing on youtube and thers a person working with kov and the others and it said they would maby put it in but i dont know if there working on it so this is why im bring it up. It would be good like you and your feralheart wolf or lion it could maby be like lions Vs wolfs.  I dont know if it would be better on live or by your self with the computer and when you talk to somone on it like the computer mod person when they give you stuff to do you dont need to read it it comes out in a voice and have the writing there aswell. You would do things like fighting bosses and missions handing things to one place to another and defeting bad guys. It would be good aswelll if you could wear like armer like helmet she gaurds and stuff not sure what els should go with this butt im sure kov and others would have lots of idears for it and if there doing it allready please tell.

CrystalSprint

Re: Campain!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 04:47:35 pm »
Do you mean a Campaign? Like a story mode? I doubt that will happen given that the game has little to no framework for NPC dialogue, scripted events, moving objects, equipment, weapon attack defense, etc. What you're suggesting would require nothing short of a complete engine rewrite.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:50:04 pm by Tristam Cooke »

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 04:59:18 pm »
Can you be a little more clear Mary?
As Tristam said, I doubt this will happen. There are loads of those RP's out right now such as fighting ones with swords or Vs, if you want to have that kind of game you can get it. I think FH is unique, even though its meant to be unrealistic... we don't want trolls coming up to you and attack you.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Pigscannotfly

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:33:17 pm »
yes i mean campaign, ist just an idear i thought of most games have campign i just think it would be good a campaign like ding things as in Quests and such. Not got a lot of idears though im sure the people running the game with kov would get more idears i have heard it once on youtube where you listin to people talking and asking somone that works for FH saying they mite have been a campaig that you run around by your self and the computer on your FH charaitor.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 08:33:35 pm »
Well, I think 'mini' quests would be rather fun. But, there are a lot of competitions about, and when easter comes there is normally a few competitions about finding the egg or another hidden mesh. So I think the community already has that sort of covered. c:
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 01:16:26 am »
There has been discussion threads about this before, and even though I will not write a bible of why it wouldn't be a good thing to make a campaign I will keep it shortsiessss.

A campaigns charm is short, and it will be even shorter if there's just a few people working on it. Once you have played it, it will be the same story over again, so there's not too much reason for you to go back. In a multiplayer mode the players make the game in this case. FH is pretty much a sandbox game in it's own way.

Lets say if kov and other users that's there to help him will spend months to throw together a campaign, a campaign that might not even be all that great just for the sake of it, then I rather see the work going down on fixing the multiplayer and game stability in general, getting more maps, actions, functions, prey. You know, fun stuff. Instead of a campaign the majority will not go back to.

Ofcourse if for some reason kov would want to make this nothing would stop him. But I personally do not see the point of one in the close future.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 03:41:04 am »
There was a campaign of sorts in IT which did include dialogue, fighting, etc. It was very short though, and didn't have much story. So it could be done, but really shouldn't be a priority in my opinion. I'd rather see multiplayer additions.