Author Topic: People in my private map?  (Read 1898 times)

Offline tianah

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
People in my private map?
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:25:57 am »
Hello, so... There's weird stuff going on here. I downloaded a new map, installed it, and then got in it. so at first it was normal, cool map, but then... weirdness is happening.

Some white people came out of NO-WHERE!

i remember one - ---------. He was all white and he was wearing my item - gun. weird huh? Then in other place (The maps were in one map, there were portals.)  there's another person - all white, had grey-ish mane and had my item on - Head crab. I freaked out! Like this:

What the hell is that?! So, i just wanted to post this to see if someones having the same problems. Bye!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:16:23 am by Vespian »

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
Re: People in my private map?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:56:28 am »
I believe that the people in this map we're just wearing mass markings. And people can have the same items, you know.

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:12:53 am »
Firstly, movin' this to the Game Help board.

Secondly:

I downloaded a new map, installed it, and then got in it.
Secondly, are ye' sure that the map ye've sauntered into is yer own private map? Sounds to me that it's a private map open to the public. Meanin' any user can download and saunter in it whenever they wish to do so. It's not technically yers.

Also, as stated prior by Ms. McGee, those "white people" are simply members who possess mass markings- if ye've heard of them. As for the items, sheer coincidence that they so happen to be wearin' the same items as ye'. It's nothin' to be alarmed towards, rest assured.
gone

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 11:00:00 am »
The reason you're seeing members wearing your items is the ordering of the items.

Players see different items depending on what items they have and what order the items are. They might not have the same item pack as you so that might be why they see different items. Here's an example of what I'm trying to say:

Player 1.

1. Hipster Glasses
2. Blue Glow Stick
3. Horns
4. Tie

Player 2.

1. Sword
2. Twig
3. Horns
4. Glasses

Again, it depends what item packs the other users have, how many items they have installed and what order the item packs were installed in. They might have the same items as you but in a different order. Like how Player 1 has Hipster Glasses as their first installed item, Player 2 installed a different item pack before the same one you had. That leaves Player 2's first item on the list as a Sword.

So anyone wearing the first item on their list will appear to be wearing a Sword to Player 2 and Hipster Glasses to Player 1.

The order of your items in Items.cfg is not wrong, to change the order to make it match another players would be a bit difficult and confusing. The other player might not even have the same item pack as you so there is no way that user could see your item like you do.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline tianah

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 11:58:19 am »
Hey! everybody! you sayin' in that map could be connected people?

---------: connects, sits, curls, looks at the lake, then says "Hello uvu". And it does it everytime!

Other player:  Looks at the sky and does NOTHING - FOR HOURS. i still think that is weird.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:15:18 pm by Vespian »

Offline tianah

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 12:01:44 pm »
Oh yeah, and i forgot

---------:  After he says "hello uvu" He waits a little and then he's like BAM! GONE! EVERY SINGLE TIME. wow. still weird to me.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:15:35 pm by Vespian »

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 09:29:02 pm »
What I mean by a private map made public is that the private map's download and its content has been opened for all to obtain by it's creator. Therefore, any member who has downloaded the map- includin' yerself- can saunter into the map at any time whenever they wish to do so.

As for the users.. They're just bein' users. There's nothin' wrong with what they are doin' and it's pretty unkind for ye' to judge their actions and label them weird and abnormal. I know I wouldn't want to be if I were in their paws. Especially since they have done nothin' to deserve such judgement. It's best just to ignore them if they bother ye'. Even block them if ye' want.

I also must mention not to post a user's actual username in yer posts. Let's not impulsively scream out a user's identity here. It's best just to address them as "One user", "User #1", "User #2", "This user", etc.
gone