Author Topic: Need some ideas for a huge map I'm making  (Read 1413 times)

Smiling.Sin

Need some ideas for a huge map I'm making
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:28:45 pm »
Hey guys. Smiling.Sin here. I'm working on a huge (15,000) map. I need some suggestions on the type of objects, meshes, and materials I use. Please note that I have already made the Height map and Terrain mask.

----------------------------DETAILS ON THE MAP-----------------------------
                                  ~Forest of Whispers~
It's gonna be a literate, long-term, realistic wolf roleplay. There aren't packs, because it's a loner/rogue rp. Though you can form small groups.
I need a lot of members for it, because of the huge map size. The map has a river and several mountain chains. I've made it as realistic as possible, using GIMP.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't really know what kind of objects, meshes, or materials to use. Any suggestions or ideas on what objects I should put in the map would be great. I'd also like to know if anyone would actually join this. Some links to meshes you find interesting would be awesome, also.

- Smiling.Sin

Offline Nanaki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Need some ideas for a huge map I'm making
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:06:11 pm »
Oh, sounds interesting! Do you want any help with the map creation? I used to make maps before my computer crashed. Right now the only thing I can suggest is to NOT use the cave/den mesh that comes with map maker. Instead, it look sooooo much coolet if you build a den out of rocks. However, you're going to have to test it a lot to make sure it's not super easy to get stuck. And warn people to be careful, and possibly set their home to somewhere that has no objects. But anyways, I would love to assist with this project if at all possible.

feralheartdog

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:43:09 pm »
Bone and bones pile by Hamiliton: (looks lie doggy bones :D) http://www.mediafire.com/?h0n4x6s642tok6x
Solid log by Hamilton:http://www.mediafire.com/?enlqt7xg959nnzv
THose r 2 links ;D for you

Smiling.Sin

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:37:43 pm »
Thanks for your help, guys. The 2nd version of the map looks so much better. -Works hard on map-

feralheartdog

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 09:32:40 pm »
Your welcome +1 karma for working so hard on your map :)

Smiling.Sin

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »
:D