Author Topic: Feralheart problems  (Read 4991 times)

Offline brodylove

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
    • View Profile
Feralheart problems
« on: February 12, 2012, 11:45:38 pm »
Okay, this has been going on for the past few days and i am getting frustrated with it. Every time on load feralheart it shows the coding. Then it asks me the redering systems options and stuff. Then i click countinue and the window that feralheart would start on come up. This part is weird because i have always had some thing where when feralheart is on my computer this stuff comes up and it is like static sorta like how on the sims when sims take a shower, it only pops up when feralheart decides to work. So i know if it is going to shut it's self down or not if the static pops up or not. When i finally think it is going to work or the static is going to pop up it gives an error notice like this: Feralheart.exe. has stopped working. windows will notify you when a problem is present. Or something like that. So please help me. This is what i have tried so far:

*I have redownloaded it four times.
*Restarting my computer two times.
*Looking through other help threads.
*Going into the particals folder and looking for the _1_ _2_ _3_ particals but can never find them.

Please help me.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Feralheart problems
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:33:20 am »
First of, if the game becomes static and looks plain out weird it's most likely some issue with the computer/graphics card rendering the game on your screen.

However though, the crash as startup can indeed happen if you have extra particles in your particles folder with the same name. Many map makers bump into this issue and is easily resolved by going into C:\FeralHeart\media\particles. If this is the cause, you will indeed see something like waterparticle_01 waterparticle_02 etc and these should be removed. But if you do not see any with these names it's not "your" problem.

Since you mention the fact that it's static when looking on the game and crashes after that your computer probably doesn't like to render the game as it should, this can both be a problem and not be one. But if it DID work for you before, I don't really see why it shouldn't work for you now unless you changed something with your computer in general and not the game. Something you can try is reading the big help thread of course, linked directly from our main help board for everyone to see, read the "Game is not starting/or having graphical issues/glitches." part.
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.0

If you scroll down to the part where it says "how to fix it" It should give you instructions on how you enter your ogre.cfg and change the game rendering mode. If Direct3D9 is already selected when you launch the game, try to set to OpenGL instead and then run your game, make sure you try BOTH.

And if that doesn't work you can always try to install new graphics drivers if possible, but as said, if it worked before it should work now as well.

Also take note that a last option is always to remove the game and install it again, but you must do it PROPERLY. Properly as in remove ALL the fh content located in C:\FeralHeart, otherwise your problems will just lay there when you install it again. Also make sure you install a new game setup from our downloads page to be on the safe side.

Please do not rush through all these text and try to fix them as they suggest.
Former community manager of FeralHeart