Author Topic: Portal Help!!! (Much different from other portal help!)SOLVED!!!!  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Lion Lover3

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
Ok so I made a map and did eveything but the portals the one that troubles me. There are two different portal things one in the Map tab and one in the Objects tab. I put in information but Im not sure its corrent. When I go through it to cape, It makes me spawn in the water far from land. And when I go back up onto the land and into my custum map, it makes me spawk in the corner instead of where my portal is in the middle. What am i doing wrong?! Help!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:30:00 am by Ally »

Offline Petalthorn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Help!!! (Much different from other portal help!)
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 04:25:21 am »
When you go into your map tab, you'll see the portal section. Make sure "Has portal" has been checked. Then, withOUT testing, hover your camera to the spot where you want to come in. (Direct your camera at the ground and ram into it for best results.) At the bottom right hand of your screen, there should be a set of numbers. Four of them. Plug them in, in the order they appear in the boxes below the check box. Save your map and test.

This should work, hope I helped. ;)

Offline Lion Lover3

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 12:12:48 pm »
'Has portal' Is checked. and also when i put in the numbers it cuts off the last one

Offline Petalthorn

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:14:50 pm »
Is it a decimal one? Such as.... 505.7886? If so, round it. 506 It won't change the landing position by much, so don't worry. ;D

Offline haleygrace8

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 05:38:10 pm »
I am having same problem kinda I put in the portal and type in the Name Cape of distant Worlds and checked "Has Portal" but when ever I save it go out and test it it says something like it dosnt exsist help I really need a portal for once.

Offline Lion Lover3

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:20:01 pm »
I put in the x,y,z, and yaw by hovering my mouse next to the portal and writing down the information, then putting it in. I know I am putting it in the right boxes, but now INSTEAD of making me spawn in the corner of my map(which there is a hill on the edge so it makes you keep falling underneath and hard to get back up) it makes me spawn on the side but in the air, so i fall on the map but it isnt next to the portal. also what do I put in for fhcapeofworlds in objects tab. i cant get to cape with map maker, so i dont know what the x,y,z,and yaw are. So i leave them at 0. But it makes me spawn in the corner of cape when i go through. So: Two things i need: coordinates for cape and to fix the coordinates for entering my map and spawning next to the portal.

Offline Lion Lover3

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:47 pm »
yay! After i posted the last post, I went to try different things. I tested it and saw a blue portal near my own. and put in it's coordinates. I can now spawn from the map to cape near the portal area!!! not in the corner!!!
BUT there is still a problem. Im putting in the coordinates by my own portal in my map, and it wont make me spawn there when i enter! it still makes me spawn in the corner of my map! has portal is checked and its all filled but it wont work. there is also a portal in the corner which i dont know how that got there. Maybe thats the problem. ima go fix it now.

Offline Lion Lover3

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:41 pm »
no thats not it. HELP!

Offline Lion Lover3

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 12:29:31 am »
Nevermind. I just put a rock in corner so i dont fall out map and put my portal there lol CASE CLOSED

Offline eeveeh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Help!!! (Much different from other portal help!)SOLVED!!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 03:31:16 am »
Nevermind. I just put a rock in corner so i dont fall out map and put my portal there lol CASE CLOSED
Nice! i used to have that prob till i... Spammed a lot of rocks and mounds and caves.