Author Topic: Got some ideas. what do you think?  (Read 1971 times)

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Got some ideas. what do you think?
« on: January 24, 2012, 06:13:33 pm »
So i have been thinking and have some ideas:

Character Creator:
1. A colour chooser like this one below, which is actually the one from Paintshop Pro, (as well as the already existing sliders) to make it quicker and easier to choose a specific colour without spending ages moving the sliders around.

2. Fur length should be changeable - for example you have a slider to change the size of the ears, you should also have one to change the length of the fur on your character.  The same could also apply to manes and tufts.

3. A gender selection option that would show your gender in your info along with your name, username and group.

4. The ability to see who is online BEFORE you select a character, so you know who is online, where they are and therefore do not have to log on to find you need to log off then log back on again on another character. Just an idea to save time....

5. The option to have markings AND scars at the same time, instead of having scar as a marking. So your character can have their usual pelt markings then a separate option to enable to overlay your markings. Or even this option, but make it like the markings option so you could then choose from a variety of different types of scar.

6. The ability to have different coloured eyes, in the case of heterochromia, which is common in huskies. Or even the choice to have one blind eye and one normal eye (and the ability to choose which one is which).

7. A different section for markings that are included in the game to markings that are custom ones, because im always putting markings on my characters that nobody else can see without the markings pack simply by accident. To avoid this confusion perhaps a 'custom markings' list could be of use?

8. More.... markings, tufts, manes, tails in general.... (E.G my previous post with visual examples - http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=13643.0)

9. Options like..... idk.... say if you were to have a pregnant character, you could have the option to make them look pregnant, because tbh i would like to be able to tell the difference between a fat character and a pregnant one, and also that when you use the weight slider, the way the character puts weight on doesnt really change much so the difference isnt that obvious....

10. Perhaps the ability to increase your characters muscle size instead of having to increase the characters weight. And maybe there could be a possibility to go to the other extreme and have super boney characters.
---

Now some ingame ideas:
1. Seasons

2. New actions eg. snarl, ear flick, thrashing tail, head lowering (for example in an attack pose), play (like dogs do), and others along those lines.

3. More weather like rainbows, thunder and lightening etc.

4. just for looking nice, perhaps insects buzzing around, birds in the sky, that sort of thing.

5. The ability to turn on a chat filter would be good, so if people do not want to see cuss words then they dont necessarily have to report them. that way it might save work for Moderators and Admins so they dont have to go through messages upon messages of reports of people swearing. If they dont like cuss words, they can block them out completely with the optional chat filter.

6. when it rains, perhaps puddles should form on the ground that you can interact with, eg drink from them, splash in them (which leads onto my next idea)

7. The ability to click on an object and interact with it would be cool, like flowers you could click on it and options could come up with things such as 'play', 'eat', 'pick' etc etc. Also would be cool with water, so you could 'drink', 'splash', etc.

8. the ability to interact with each others characters would be nice. So say if you were a cub, you could click on someone's character and choose options like 'climb on', 'play with tail', etc. And if your an adult you could pick up cubs and pups by the scruff, carry them on your back etc. But in order for the interactions to occur a message is sent to the other user so they can accept the action or decline it so they're not forced into it.

9. as always, PvP and fight actions which mean you can claw a character and theyll be knocked back sort of thing....

10.  Perhaps life bars such as stamina could be added if prey gets added, so they run down after a certain length of time, running making the bars decrease faster than walking, and laying down barely makes the stamina fall. Once the stamina is lower than a certain point, maybe characters could appear fatigued, weak and easily tired out, as well as hungry with audibly hunger and the characters could maybe shuffle about impatiently below that set level of stamina. Also another idea about that is if the bar reaches an even lower set point then the character could pass out for 30 seconds to a minute. Of course the stamina bar would have to be added after prey. If any of your have played Metal Gear Solid 3, Snake Eater, then you will understand what i am meaning by this bar.

Sorry, perhaps thats too many ideas......... but hey, least i got them off my chest. Lemme know what you guys think of them :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:59:11 am by Sarah »

GREY WOLF

Re: Got some ideas. what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:43:18 am »
Great ideas! I would like all of them added in the game! I was also thinking of seasons..... or weather

Offline Lavablaze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:40:25 am »
Files can hold only so much coding though.

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:52:21 pm »
i like the idea of fur length,mane size and fatness xD
i like to have characters will small manes as a pup and stuff but the hair is just so bulky :I
when you make your character fat the don't look fat...just bulky and muscular...
i also agree on having scars and markings separate because the way it is now it's impossible to have a cheetah with scars :P

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:04:01 pm »
While a part of me agrees with having a slider for longer fur, fur itself takes a lot to render (from what I understand), so I'd ultimately have to disagree with you on that point.

I think that out of our wishlists of ideas, the ability to create and show off your custom character preset in-game w/o having to offer a pack to other players is one that would most likely be changed as I've seen that it's the most requested.

I agree with the chat filter--somewhat. I understand that swearing is against fh policies, but it doesn't bother me half as much as just general "babbling"... If you're trying to have a conversation with someone or a group in a crowded area, you have to "manually filter" through what everyone else is saying.
So, while I agree with your filter idea, I would add to that the idea of separate channels, perhaps group-related or click-related.

I would also like to expand on your example of PvP interactions about being a cub/pup or adult.
I would suggest that the players get the option of a new slider for the age of the character--it would subtly change the proportions of the character (more rounded features/ larger head size for young, leaner proportions for "teens" and so on).

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 05:38:49 am »
Love the ideas! Hopefully they may be added one day since they are cool!
Signature by Green

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 06:21:22 am »
I think that out of our wishlists of ideas, the ability to create and show off your custom character preset in-game w/o having to offer a pack to other players is one that would most likely be changed as I've seen that it's the most requested.
If you are willing to pay maybe. To see everyone's customs would mean that you would have to store them on the server. that is a LOT of data that needs to be stored there, data that is needed to play the game. So you would have to pay for the extra data needed, as Razmirz only has a limited amount of funds for this really, he can't spend thousands and thousands by himself. And a long time ago, there was a vote about this, and the majority basically said they refused to pay and all demanded it free.

~~~

Number 5 of the green would INCREASE the amount of reports that we would have to go through, because the SECOND you implement a chat filter people instantly assume you are allowed to swear. And why enable it really? These people are breaking rules, they should be banned. It's not a matter of work load, it is a matter of keeping the game clean.

The insect, puddles, birds, long fur, and such, would probably all increase the lag. Pretty, but stuffs up the actual playability of the game. It's teh same with FH+, pretty, but only really good for people with strong computers.

For number four of orangey yellow, you realise that at times there can be up to 900 people on at a time? The list would be huge and kinda useless.

For the last one... Why would stamina continue to fall if you are laying down? people would have to continuously create new characters so theirs didn't look fatigued >.> Sorry, just nitpicking there.

The others are alright as far as I see.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 06:41:40 am »
Some pretty good ideas, as far as presets easily to see on game, id like maybe the preset/map download section up to find all links to preset downloads, as long as its reasonable and ppl not switching out all the time, or the power to control ur link and change whenever you get new presets.

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 06:57:50 am »

For number four of orangey yellow, you realise that at times there can be up to 900 people on at a time? The list would be huge and kinda useless.

no not EVERYBODY thats online, just the ones on your friends list

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 07:07:43 am »
If you are willing to pay maybe. To see everyone's customs would mean that you would have to store them on the server. that is a LOT of data that needs to be stored there, data that is needed to play the game. So you would have to pay for the extra data needed, as Razmirz only has a limited amount of funds for this really, he can't spend thousands and thousands by himself. And a long time ago, there was a vote about this, and the majority basically said they refused to pay and all demanded it free.

Perhaps having only one or preset slots available in-game at one time? That may not do much, but would it help or anything?