Author Topic: map help- not urgent.  (Read 795 times)

Offline Heagato

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
map help- not urgent.
« on: March 18, 2012, 06:28:07 am »
hi there, hows it going? im pretty good, albeit a bit frusterated.

you see the cause of my frusteration is that my computer completely crashed about two weeks ago which caused me to loose all my FH data while it was in the shop.
now, this is fine seeing as i needed to clean up anyways.

However the problem is this: one map is not working.
this is a map a friend made, Mirkwood2. the original is a .RAR file. i also tried a ZIP file.

you see i had already downloaded five other maps with no difficulty, but when it came to this file, it would not download. it originally said it could not be opened due to it eing a RAR file.
so i downloaded winrar, tried that. worked.
i put the folder "Mirkwood2 folder" and all the folder's belongings into Feralheart= Exports.
just like i did with the other maps, and just like it was before my comp crashed origninally.

now, i know i might be doing something wrong, but iv followd all the steps, and even re-downloaded a portal that i knew already worked in the same fasion.

so the problem is this: i have everything right, everything done as told. so why isnt the portal for Mirkwood2 showing up in the cape?

other: yes iv restarted feralheart multiple times, changed characters, went through other portals and came back to see if that would work. nada.
iv tried with both the mirkwood2.RAR file and the mirkwood2.ZIP file.

the portal simply is not showing up.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
Re: map help- not urgent.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 06:35:36 am »
Did you tak everything out of the Mirkwood2 folder and then place it into exports folder?

Offline Heagato

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 06:57:42 am »
no i didnt, let me try that.

EDIT: thank you Ouka/Hanzo. i could not figure that out on my own. my old computer set up allowed me to simply put a whole folder into exports, which is why i was getting confused.

but thank you again, i shall remember this from now on.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 07:01:17 am »
Anytime :) Some computers act differently from others so i just wanted to make sure ^^ Glad i could be of help~