Author Topic: FeralHeart Can't Find TerrainMaps  (Read 1380 times)

Infinadum

FeralHeart Can't Find TerrainMaps
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:42:34 am »
I'm attempting to make a map, and I have the mask and heightmap all done, but I just need help importing the heightmap into the game. The map maker can find the terrain mask just fine, but whenever I type in the heightmap name, it says it cannot find it. This also happened on another map I downloaded about 6 months ago. If anybody has encountered this problem before and knows how to fix it, or if anybody has and ideas on how to fix it, I would appreciate the help, thanks!

EDIT: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game since the time I tried to download the map from 6 months ago, if that helps in diagnosing the problem.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:44:35 am by Kayla »

CloudFish

Re: FeralHeart Can't Find TerrainMaps
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:55 am »
For a heightmap to work correctly, make sure it's;
513x513
Grey-scale
No Alpha Channel. <-This usually occurs and people tend to overlook it.

You say you downloaded the map, does that mean you downloaded the height map? It's probably the alpha channel problem.

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:42:24 am »
Do as Cloud said but make sure you save both as a PNG image.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Infinadum

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:56:52 pm »
I know the map I made is grayscale, and I used the watermill map to start it (coloring over it in the base grey), and I saved it multiple times as a PNG. As for the one I downloaded, I remember that it was a greyscale, though other than that I can't really remember (I deleted it when it wouldn't work). I also looked online to see what an alpha channel is, but none of the definitions or ask-a-question-and-get-help sites made any sense to me, so if anybody has a way to check for that that can be explained for someone that doesn't know any coding languages at all, that would be helpful.

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 11:42:32 am »
I know the map I made is grayscale, and I used the watermill map to start it (coloring over it in the base grey), and I saved it multiple times as a PNG. As for the one I downloaded, I remember that it was a greyscale, though other than that I can't really remember (I deleted it when it wouldn't work). I also looked online to see what an alpha channel is, but none of the definitions or ask-a-question-and-get-help sites made any sense to me, so if anybody has a way to check for that that can be explained for someone that doesn't know any coding languages at all, that would be helpful.

You cannot use the Watermill map to start it, You have to use your own

513x 513 pixels, Grayscale to start go to your colours get a darkish or medium grey and fill it then add all your hills in different shades of greys blacks and whites to get different heights, You are not suppose to use the Watermill map for that :3.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:47:06 am by BigSkippy »
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Infinadum

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 07:47:17 pm »

*snip*

You cannot use the Watermill map to start it, You have to use your own

513x 513 pixels, Grayscale to start go to your colours get a darkish or medium grey and fill it then add all your hills in different shades of greys blacks and whites to get different heights, You are not suppose to use the Watermill map for that :3.

Oh, I'll try that then. I used the watermill map to start it because that what it said to do in the map making tutorial in the manual here, but maybe the patches have changed the game since then.

EDIT: No, it still doesn't work.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:19:10 pm by Kayla »