Author Topic: Dog owner MUST Read this!  (Read 1798 times)

Offline LasVagas

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Screw you guys, i'm going home.
    • View Profile
Dog owner MUST Read this!
« on: March 30, 2012, 05:33:00 pm »
Hello.

Many of you MAY know this but it is quite inportant  that you still read on.

Once many years ago my Uncle had brought his  rescue dog,it was soooo cute! Then this new item came apon the shelve, 'RAW HIDE'.He brought it for his dog and you know what? That dog choked to death.The dog was left alone when my uncle and cousins and auntie went out and left him with somthing to chew.When they got back the dog was dead with the RAW HIDE lodged down his throught.

Basicly,i call it 'Plastic' cause thats what it feels like.If you do buy it,make sure you DONT break it up into smaller pices and never give it to small dogs.If you give it to your dog,NEVER leave him/her alone with that product,always watch him/her when eating.I have heard many other storys like this of there owners giving the product and there dog choked.

Remember this product 'RAW HIDE' it is dangerous,and i also advise that you should not buy small Raw hide items in shapes.I hope you understand this because i do not want this to happen to your dog/dogs.

Dooooooooood.

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Dog owner MUST Read this!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »
Thank you for warning us! Now I can stay away from raw hide and save my dogs' lifes. You have saved our dogs -kameras-
Signature by Green

Offline LasVagas

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 06:36:55 pm »
Thank you for warning us! Now I can stay away from raw hide and save my dogs' lifes. You have saved our dogs -kameras-

Thats sweet of you.I really dont want dogs to die of this bad product.

Dooooooooood.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 01:38:23 am »
>.> WTF there are so many things wrong here. Not with this so called product Raw Hide, but with what you are saying.

The product is dangerous because there have been dogs that have choked on it? No duh. Dogs also choke on everything else. My dog choked on a bit of bread crust. We were there to get him to cough it back up though. Other dogs have choked on money and bones and hooks and fish and AVERAGE DOG FOOD. CHOKING IS A HAZARD THAT EXISTS NO MATTER WHAT YOU FEED YOUR DOG. Heck, I choked on an ice block once when I was younger. I'm sure tons of other kids have done the same too.

ALL products contain a choking hazard, and people need to use common sense and figure that out before going round screaming that products are bad because dogs choke, because if products dogs choke on can't be given to dogs we might as well stop feeding them all together.

And this raw hide product, as I bet everyone can tell from the name, is not some product or brand, it probably is dried pigs ears or dried cow skin. When dried it is MEANT to feel a bit like plastic. It is why dogs love it so much, to chew on. You can NOT get these products without then feeling a bit like plastic unless you give them raw pig ears or raw cow skin. And even then they can STILL choke on these things.

No offence, but I find this topic ridiculous. This is warning people against something they should use common sense about, CHOKING.

And don't break it up into smaller pieces? You realise smaller pieces means less choking hazard right? It doesn't stop it, but smaller pieces aren't going to block airways.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Lunar Rain

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 01:55:21 am »
I agree with Kyugima. But she could be a little nicer about this topic. Just like my large dog, Harley, chocked on a tennis ball. Just about every... No wait, let me reword this. Almost all things choke creatures. I choked on a fruit rollup a couple days ago. My turtle almost choked on a fish. He didn't know how to chew. Anyway, on topic, everything CAN choke a dog. Or living creature.

Offline LasVagas

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 08:35:22 am »
Hello.I understand you hear but please,im screaming this topic?

This product is not so called.It is dangerous becuase dogs normallychoke of this stuff.I gave my dog loads of bread crust's in the past and just once he choked,is it like,all the time? This just the way the dog masticates its food.It dont.Your dog proberly got it caught down its through via it going down the wrong way.

They only sell this product for the money.

All this stuff of pig ears is true,but as your in a diffrent country,i sespect you do things a diffrent way.

In this country we have cautions on products about choking.But this product dont,see what im saying? Its dangerous because some dim wit could buy it with out the procations of watching there dog whilst eating and kill there own dog.

Smaller pices can still block airways because of what i have said before,dogs do not chew there food properly,causing it to get stuck.

Im not taking charge as i realise your a moderatior but i am giving awarness to people that do buy the food.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:50:32 am by Victoria »

Dooooooooood.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 09:07:28 am »
Hello.I understand you hear but please,im screaming this topic?

>.> You can't scream a topic, I never said you were, it is a figure of speech.

I'm just saying you're kind of stirring up a panic about something common knowledge like choking. It is why I despise the news so much, such common things that every one knows about, and they have to act like it's the end of the world. Like the fact money is covered in germs. How many times do YOU dip your money in disinfectant? You don't. It is something that people don't need to be warned about because it is just common sense is all I'm saying.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline LasVagas

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 09:12:13 am »
Okay.I understand all this.You can deleate it if you like since it had no use,after all.

Dooooooooood.

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 05:56:36 pm »
Rawhides are never a good choice, because like chicken bones, they can splinter. Nyla bones are much preferred than rawhides.

"Deep in contemplation."