Author Topic: making portals in a map  (Read 1586 times)

Offline misfoxy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
making portals in a map
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:53:11 pm »
I am making a warriors map, and I want there to be several places in the map as in "the moon stone" or 'the tunnels'. I know how to make a portal coming from the cape of distant worlds, just not to another part of the map. Any help is appreciated  :)

CloudFish

Re: making portals in a map
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:58:46 pm »
You add a gate, where you add objects, in the third tab.

Here you insert the coordinates and the name of the map where you want the map to lead AND where the map will spawn you.

For example. If your central map name is Farrah Island, you'll want to add a gate at certain position, (wherever you want it to be) and then insert coordinates for where you want it to spawn you on. If you were connecting Farrah Island to say, Key Tunnel, you'd want the gate to have the map name KeyTunnel and then the coordinates for where you would spawn.

(It's best to pick this spot before making the gate, jotting down the coordinates and yaw, and then switching back to the other map to add the gate.)

Offline Tailz

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Tell me when I poof
    • View Profile
Re: making portals in a map
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 12:04:57 am »
What you need to do when you have your maps ready to be placed in you other map. Go to the Objects in map maker you will see Gate Destination. click on New Gate and it will bring you a yellow portal in the map. In the Gate Destination type in the name of the map you want to go to.(no spaces have it named like this.)
If you named your map Snowlands you will type that in there. Then for the Destination Position you type n  the info of where you want to be in the other map you wish to go to.That's all there is to it. Good luck with your RP and the map making.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Will be inactive due to work and exams.