Can you help me?

Yeah, I know this problem and I know how to fix It
0 (0%)
I know this problem but I dont know how to fix It
0 (0%)
Sorry, didnt have that problem at all
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Need Help with a Map  (Read 1137 times)

xXDemonDaughterXx

Need Help with a Map
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:38:43 pm »
Well I tryied to make a map, and I followd a vid about It, I made the easeiest map, I DID colored the map with grey color, and made It In the right option, I just did some white stripes and bkack In the other side, to chack If It will work, I cald the map Stripes.Terrains.png and than I got to Feral Heart than to Map maker wrote the name In the "World" option than I clivked on other option and than: "Feral Heart stopped working" and I tryied for like 8-9 times, trying to chamge the map I blurwd the points of the map, color everything and It was on 513,513 size. But stil wont work. I tryied on both of my computer but stil :T Can somebody help me plaese?

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: Need Help with a Map
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:48:37 pm »
513x513 pixels
One layer
Greyscale
No alpha channel
PNG. file

Signature by Delay. <3

ripplebound

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 02:21:16 am »
Also name it something like ExampleTerrain (.png will add automatically if you chose the PNG file type) but don't put extra stuff like a period (Example.Terrain)

Offline shnix1997

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:05:01 pm »
What this Alpha Chanel? How do I delit It or something? and thank you very much!

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:19:23 pm »
When you go into gimp, right click the height map layer and go down to remove alpha channel.

Offline shnix1997

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:43:53 pm »
I dont have Gimp, :/ I have Photoshop CS3 but thanks anyway!

Offline shnix1997

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 12:56:22 am »
Its stil doing that, :/ I tried I removed the chennal, I did everythink right but stil Its keeps crashing my fh :/ feral heart stopped working"

CloudFish

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 01:01:47 am »
Make sure you're saving it to your map file's name.

For instance, open map maker, if your map name is FarrahIsland and Farrah Island, (each in their respected boxes, one being the map name and the other the display), then save it.

You'll then want to save those two png. files, (the height map and mask) into FH>Media>Terrains>FarrahIsland (of course it'd be your map name.)

If png. files won't work you can always save as jpeg and try that. Though generally, .png is the desired file.