Author Topic: Map Making  (Read 1110 times)

Offline warriorXtears

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -3
    • View Profile
Map Making
« on: May 18, 2012, 01:47:32 pm »
I do not know how to download that I have created in the 'Map Creator' within the game. Can someone help me? Also, how do I join another persons map?
[/glow]

CloudFish

Re: Map Making
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 01:58:46 pm »
After creating a map in map maker, you click the export button. This will make your map reachable in game via the Cape of Distant Worlds.

As for having others download your map. You will need to gather all fhm/fho./fhs/etc files that were created when you exported your map, and place them in a zip folder. Of which you can then upload to a filesharing website, such as Mediafire.com. You can also upload the files one at a time, however this is both time consuming for you and those downloading.

For accessing others maps, you download their maps, Placing all included files in zip folder into the Exports folder of your Feral Heart game. If it is a simple FHM file, place it into exports. Usually downloads come with instructions on where to place if there are more specifics.

Offline warriorXtears

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:51:44 pm »
@CloudFish So in order to join someones map, I download them into a specific file? Or does it automaticly convert to the game?

Offline warriorXtears

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:57:10 pm »
BTW Lovely Belle, your signature is super depressing. I cried.  :'(

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 02:21:55 am »
Downloaded map files must be placed into "Exports". The files that go in there are FHO./FHM./FHS.

Zip files that are downloaded require you to open them and then place all inside files into exports.

Once files are placed, go to Cape of Distant Worlds and map should be there.