Author Topic: Items Discussion  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
Items Discussion
« on: June 12, 2012, 08:09:33 pm »
So... I wanted to bring this up cuz it seems like this is happening lately. I don't know how many people are doing it, I for one am guilty as charges (But have faced the consequences already), but people are taking items from Impressive Title servers and putting them here on FH. Some people are all ecstatic about it. You know "FREE ITEMS!" But this is thievery. Not only do we put a bad name on the good people of the FH community, but also have those from the IT server communities look down on us. Some even hating. (Thou I don't know the extent of that)

I will admit that I have actually done this. I've taken items from another game (I will not mention cuz I don't want anyone else going there) and put them in FH. But I was only using them for video purposes. To jazz up my videos. Well, the community of where said items came from found out. They didn't take it well. But I came clean and confessed my reason. I never ONCE gave out the items because I knew they weren't mine. They forgave me, seeing I had enough confidence to confess to my wronging on a thread of very angry members.

However, now more people are giving out their items. The Husky mesh anyone? Yeah, that was taken from said game. Thankfully the mesh was taken down, but I came across a deviation post and someone was going to make a pack with all the items.

So I want some opinions and such about it. Should FH do something to make this stop? Should there be warnings and banning for it? I mean, obviously people can get around being cought, but shouldn't this be stopped somehow?

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
Re: Items Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:17:22 pm »
People should just be more responsible for their actions and refrain from taking these items and giving them out. That's all I have to say, I'm not really much of the look cool person, I'm just on FH for the relaxing music, the exploring, and friend making.

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:23:51 pm »
Way I see it, by doing this, can cause lawsuit problems. If are taking credit or using without permission, it is against website regulations, and such, moderators and admins, when finding out people are posting things that do not belong to them, generally take them down.

However, I know some people who convert meshes, but usually give credit to where they get them from. All depends on the user.

However, do believe Feral Heart shouldn't (and doesn't) support this behavior.

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 09:29:12 pm »
If the person or group who placed the items out for the public expresses that they do not want their work used elsewhere or without credit, then it should be so. If violated, it should be reported to a mod, who then warns those who use the items that they should be removed. It's simple.

But in the case of ImpressiveTitle's items, absolutely no action should be taken. IT was Kovu's game originally, and the items made for that game, and since FH is a continuation of impressivetitle, then they are for this as well. Whoever 'runs' the community of the current IT has no right to claim back the items when they never belonged to them to begin with. Only the actual creators of the items have any say.
And they don't seem to be stepping in anytime soon.

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 09:33:04 pm »
Haruki, think that actually is what they are referring to. The original creators of the items don't want them distributed to Feral Heart. Not the ones from the newer IT servers. And even then, I think items have been added to new servers, various ones.