Author Topic: Cannot connect to map Server  (Read 1081 times)

Tlan Atolm

Cannot connect to map Server
« on: June 04, 2012, 05:32:45 am »
I have tried everything I can for the last few days here and after reading another post about the same thing happening. I'm asking for an admin to check on whatever server that houses a map regarding the name "Luna" This happens even if I try to replace the map, remove the map, tried making a new character and going there and getting it stuck, even using a fresh installed game and on another computer (Freshly installed).

Please look into what is wrong server-wise. and perhaps upon an improvement to the game somewhere in the character select screen a "start at home" button.

Thanks

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: Cannot connect to map Server
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:36:47 am »
There is nothing wrong with the server, and seeing as you've tried all that. I think it's your internet connection.
If you even tried a different computer, it must be it. Might be wrong though.

Signature by Delay. <3

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 03:31:34 pm »
Going to bump this because I have the same issue, but my internet connection is just fine.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 06:37:58 pm »
The map process for your custom map has most likely crashed or freezed, and no one will be able to access it until there's a server restart. When there is one we can't know for certain but there's one every once in a while.

It's a common problem regarding custom maps since the process gets started up more often than lets say an official map, since there's users in those pretty much 24/7. The more often a map needs to be started up, the more likely it is for it to freeze in this manner. This is more of a game problem than server, and booting off 700+ online users we usually try to avoid.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 07:34:00 pm »
Okay, I suck, I read the title wrong. I've got a help topic up about the main server, not le map server =/
My bad. Its the main server I need help with.