Author Topic: map download help  (Read 962 times)

Offline bluesky

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I now <3 Princess Luna XD
    • View Profile
map download help
« on: January 31, 2012, 05:26:59 am »
any one know evy1999 with an RP called crystal clan that has a map?
if so could you give em a message for me cuz it doesnt seem to work for me -_-
 the pm is "um hi this is bluesky also known as Tewana from you crystal clan RP ur mediafire link doesnt work cuz i just tried to redownload it and i couldnt so could you fix that please so i can RP with all of you there? please and thank you  :D"
 and if you get an answer please pm me back or post here so i'd know thanks XD  :)

Offline Andrea98

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: map download help
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 04:12:09 am »
I need to know how to download maps because I am new.

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:09:23 am »
BlueSky, if others are able to download the map, and are already there, then the link is not the problem, but a problem on your end. I suggest downloading a different browser and trying to download the file via that. Firefox and Google Chrome are both free browsers that tend to deal with Mediafire quite well.

Andrea, being new, welcome to the forums and game, however, when asking for help, its best for you to create your own thread before posting in someone else's and asking for help. However if you still need assistance in downloading and getting maps, follow these simple steps;

1. Getting the link and downloading the file, (usually from sites such as Mediafire, FileShare, Megaupload, etc) and saving it into a place you can easily find in the future, most computers have Downloads folders, and these are often the default places. However, you can always save it in another place.

2. If it is a simple fhm. file, simply place the file into the exports folder. It does NOT have to be opened. The exports folder is located in the Feral Heart folder on your CDrive. This can be found by; MyComputer>CDrive>FeralHeart>Exports.

3. For zip. and rar. files, a certain program is used to open these. Assuming your computer can not open these, you will need a program to do such. WinRar is a free program whom's trial never seems to run out, a safe download can be found below.

4. Assuming you install WinRar, you can then open the zip. or rar. files. In most cases, all the files included can be placed into the Exports folder, like listed above, and the map will work. However there are sometimes differing cases, I recommend asking the map maker or roleplay host before hand on file placements.

5. Once the files are in exports, you may then start your Feral Heart game, (or if you were online while doing this, restart, by closing out completely and bringing it back up,) and head to the Cape of Distant Worlds to search for the in-game portals to the maps.

WinRar Free Download: http://winrar.soft32.com/

Good luck to both of you, and feel free to post, (in your own threads!) if you need any more assistance!

Offline bluesky

• Curious Wanderer
  • I now <3 Princess Luna XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 05:47:44 am »
hmm ok i'll try Firefox since i'm using Google chrome already