Author Topic: Preview Post Not Working?  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
Preview Post Not Working?
« on: June 17, 2012, 04:50:59 am »
Well... I'm sort of having a problem with the "Preview" post option. It just stopped working a few days ago, atleast for me, and before it would preview my posts, but now when I click Preview, it says that it's fetching the preview of my post, though I wait and wait for it, the post won't show up. It's never happened to me before. My laptop had a tune-up just recently, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm also not very skilled at computers yet... But help is appreciated. ^^

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Preview Post Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 05:44:06 am »
Do you use Internet Explorer or Firefox when posting on the forums?

As far as I can see these two are having issues previewing posts while chrome seems to be able to do it just fine. I myself am not sure exactly why this happens, but I will try to bring some lightz on this matter if it remains.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 06:25:58 am »
I use Firefox, and I too am having the selfsame problem. In addition to that, the "quote" button isn't functioning; it'll sit with the message of "Loading..." for ages and never actually load.

All of this seemed to have started after the recent server down-times, but I can't say it was that for certain. Perchance I'll give these operations a go on Google Chrome and see if I fare any better.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 06:29:14 am »
Thanks for the information
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 06:40:29 am »
I'm currently on Chrome, and the preview button is all in kilter as stated. I am, however, still running into the issue of the quote button not functioning. :(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:42:57 am by Sir_Anathema »

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 04:18:55 pm »
I use Internet Explorer for my browser. I always have, but just after the server down-time the slowness occured for me. The Forum was the slow one at first, then I gave my laptop a tune-up and now skipping from page to page is easier, but then when I tried to preview my posts it said it was loading, though I waited and waited for my previewed post to show up. I assumed it was maybe because the server was being worked on, though I can't say that for sure.
Thanks for the help, Red ^^ If it keeps going, I'll try out Google Chrome. Thank you for the information, everyone!

Edit;;

I'm on Google Chrome, and I tested the Preview post option out, and it works. I'm still having a little trouble navigating around, but I'll get used to it. Thanks for the help, everyone, I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:28:12 pm by ~.Christina.~ »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 09:03:40 pm »
Just a bit of my input here-- I run Firefox as well and the preview has never failed to work for me. However, I do run into that issue with the quotes and the "loading" thing. I've never been able to quote anything with Firefox. Come to think of it, I've never been able to quote anything... Odd.