Author Topic: How to enable more than 4xAA?  (Read 840 times)

Offline isone

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How to enable more than 4xAA?
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »
my game still doesnt look (Perfectly sharp) so I was wondering if I could add more than 4xAA? I can't seem to find the option in game it just says non maskable or something or other whatever its supposed to mean? can I modify the ogre.cfg and change the value in there to something like 8xAA or 16xAA?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: How to enable more than 4xAA?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 06:36:42 pm »
I think it depends at times, but I enabled 8xAA in the ogre config file and sure enough it got smoother for me. I'd suggest using OpenGL for this.

Thing is though this was before the patch and ogre update in December so maybe things work slightly different(no clue), nowadays I use MXAA provided in the nvidia control panel.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline isone

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How to enable more than 4xAA?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:10:52 pm »
okay I changed it to 8xAA and it is really smooth as smooth can be! 1280x800 it looks so sharp its nearly crystal clear ultra sharp looking and no lag even in the plains when the servers full :D (never gotten a bad token getting into the plains so far which is nice because my computer is so old lol)

I use direct3D it seems to be less glitchy than openGL for me and it runs a bit faster May be just my computer?