Author Topic: Start Home/Start Previous Location & Forest Map  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Skollr

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Skoll the Wanderer
    • View Profile
Start Home/Start Previous Location & Forest Map
« on: July 26, 2012, 01:13:36 am »
To combat the issue of Flourite always being full and keeping people out, I've come up with a couple of ideas.
On the Character Selection area, there could be two different Start buttons. "Start Previous Location" or just "Start" (or anything else that would fit on the button) which does the exact same thing Start is doing now - dropping you off in the map you were in last. The second button would be "Start Home" and would take you to your set home location so if your trapped in Flourite and can't get in or change maps or anything, you can log into a different location and still be able to play.
The next idea is again something to help ease the pressure off Flourite. In another topic where Flourite was the center of an issue, someone (I can't find the topic or person who said this, sorry!) said that Feral Heart needs more maps that appeal to people as "hangouts" so the numbers can be spread. Looking at the map numbers on the side of the site definitely prove there's a big difference in numbers (and unfortunately a lot of server space being put to waste).
So one map I think would be very appealing is a large forest map with some rivers and lakes (big and small), maybe an island at the center of one of the lakes, and areas that are both "paths" and more clear and flattened down as well as denser forest.
I can't imagine this not appealing to people who Roleplay either Warrior cats or wolves. The smaller rivers and paths could divide off "sections" of the forest to make areas that could serve as different territories for Roleplay clans/packs (no I don't mean in a rule-breaking "claiming" sense, just that it makes sectioned off areas for different clans to hang out). There could also be four-five (one in each of the four directions and maybe a center one) massive trees where players could hang out in the branches. I could honestly imagine this becoming the new Flourite. XD

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
Re: Start Home/Start Previous Location & Forest Map
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:37:38 pm »
I love your idea with the 'Start' button, and FH could definitely use more official maps, but the only problem I see with there being a forest map is that all those trees might cause lag for people with slower computers.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Start Home/Start Previous Location & Forest Map
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 06:22:21 pm »
Love your idea, it would be good! But wouldn't it involve coding to set the place where you want to be in each map?

I love your idea with the 'Start' button, and FH could definitely use more official maps, but the only problem I see with there being a forest map is that all those trees might cause lag for people with slower computers.

I agree that FeralHeart should have more maps, although I can with this. Not only a forest map, but how about a beach? You know red's map pack? They should put those in.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!