Author Topic: Character Limit Idea  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Bookdrive

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Character Limit Idea
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:26:39 am »
Hey, thanks for reading, I was just trying to get onto one of my characters which happens to be in Flourite. As you all should know Flourite is usually full and hard to get into. So my idea is to make the limit bigger. Not all the maps have to be the same limit, there can be around 150 for newly made maps from others and then depending on how popular and large the regular map is, increase or decrease the limit. For Flourite, it should be like 250, it is probably the most popular map and very large. It would help even the slightest bit but it would. This is the place where people role play, join mapped or mapless groups or just hang out. As for others it doesn't have to be as large of a limit, but depending on size and popularity it should adjust.
Please reply, no rude comments and think hard about this!
~Bookdrive :D

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
Re: Character Limit Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 02:22:33 am »
Ah before the limit was 300 for about.. a month? Until.. The server was continually crashing.. and it pretty much made the server worse. Even with a 300 server capacity, fluorite was full. Who knows, maybe once the server normalizes again, and gets back on track. It could happen again.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 04:06:46 pm »
As Raw mentioned above, the limit has been larger before but was shrunk for a reason.
It's gone from 300 where we had to cope with more crashes than there are right now, and then eventually 160.
Here is Raz's forum thread if anyone wants to read about the server and Fluorite having this limit.
RETIRED.

Offline Bookdrive

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:35:39 pm »
Oh, I never fully realized that. Sorry and thanks for letting me know! ;)

Offline Sarogon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 10:56:56 pm »

So that's what occurred; I had heard there was some changes set in the server that must have it.
FH has a lot of floofs to house I don't blame the server for throwing a fit it's arm's are getting tired from holding up so many members
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:59:03 pm by Stubby »

Need only call and I shall answer
In-game: Sarogon

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 12:24:26 am »
Well, 250 is a grand idea, and, it would enable me to actually play Feralheart again, in FP where I can talk to my friends. ._. It rarely will happen until then.
Friendship is magical; Violence is hysterical.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 12:27:52 am »
As said a million times before, the limit reduces lag and server issues. Locking this thread as well due to so many others discussing the saaaaame thing.

Please read other posts before making a new topic, guys. .-.