Author Topic: Game Keeps Crashing  (Read 2492 times)

Offline FillyKat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Game Keeps Crashing
« on: August 02, 2012, 01:26:37 am »
Okay so here's the deal. I just joined today and the game looked really cool. I downloaded it and the installation went fine. Now I have the latest DirectX and everything. I open up the game, and it goes to the "OGRE Engine Rendering Setup." I press OK and then it sort of starts with a black screen. I get a message that says Feral Heart has stopped working. I run Windows Vista btw. Any ideas?

I also just installed the latests patch, but no help.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:29:19 am by Madeline »

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
Re: Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 01:34:11 am »
Well,  Im pretty sure this is a normal occurrence, its probably just because of the number of users on right now, once it goes down, it wont happen as much. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Offline FillyKat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 01:35:35 am »
Okay I will try again a little later thanks.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 10:24:33 am »
You don't need the patch if you recently downloaded the game.. That's only for people who have the older version of the game.
But like Raw said, just try again after having waited a bit

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 11:00:07 am »
I would like to point out that FH doesn't connect to the net until you hit the log in button, no matter how full the game is you should still be able to open it. This issue has nothing to do with the number of people in the server or the Internet connection or anything like that, but I am unsure of how to fix it.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 07:14:52 pm »
As Kyugima stated it definately isn't a problem with the server. Maybe you have to try changing your rendering subsystem. Try checking out the link below for tips on what you might be struggling with.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.msg144821#msg144821

You could also trying checking  your Particle file on your pc in the  Feral Heart folder. Feralheart>media>particles. If you see any extra particle files (like repeat files with numbers in them) you can delete those and try rerunning the game. An example is that the files should read water.particle not water_1.particle. (Anyone correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway I'm not too sure what else can be done to help you I hope this helps and that you'll be able to get on to the game soon. Goodluck and if worse comes to worse just uninstall the game and try reinstalling it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:17:40 pm by LordSuragaha »

katealpha1

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 07:52:56 pm »
why did it say to me : Bad Token? PLEASE HELP ME! :(  :( >:( :-\

BTW, I ONLY DOWNLOADEDIT TODAY :(

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 07:56:32 pm »
Hey Catherine Welcome to Feral Heart! :) I don't know specifically why you are getting the bad token error but the bad token thing happens to me sometimes when I click to many times to enter the game once I've selected my character or when the game fails to load the map. If you just restart you should be able to get back into the game. Sometimes it takes a few tries though. Goodluck. If that doesn't help try making a seperate post on the forum from this one to get advice so more people will see it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:59:26 pm by LordSuragaha »