Author Topic: Custom maps music glitch  (Read 2464 times)

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
Custom maps music glitch
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:23:54 pm »
Ok so we all like to add music to our custom maps I'm sure, it really adds to the feel of the map. I, though, am having a major annoyance problem with Feral Heart's music thingy. I have an MP3 I want to add I've played it in Windows media, Quick time, Audacity, and internet browsers. It works just fine and sounds great in all of those BUT THEN I put it into a custom map in Feral Heart and when it plays it has these weird screech, scratch, and fuzz sounds dotted all over it. They are very annoying. Does anyone know what causes this or even better a way to stop it?

CloudFish

Re: Custom maps music glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 12:02:59 am »
You can try opening this file in an editing program, for sound and/or video, like windows movie maker, or sony vegas, and pull up the music file. Here you should be able to see the actual pitch and pinpoint where if this is actually happening during the actual music file. I've never heard this glitch problem before, so it very well may be the track itself.

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 12:20:30 am »
You can try opening this file in an editing program, for sound and/or video, like windows movie maker, or sony vegas, and pull up the music file. Here you should be able to see the actual pitch and pinpoint where if this is actually happening during the actual music file. I've never heard this glitch problem before, so it very well may be the track itself.

Well, I've tried that already with Audacity and Windows Movie maker, when playing in both of them and looking at the pitches nothing happens or changes they play normally. It's only inside of Feral Heart.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:08:43 pm by Preshus30 »

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:09:18 pm »
Le Bump :o

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 02:42:55 am »
This has happened to me quite some times. I've noticed that it only happens when I make FeralHeart play files saved in a Variable Bitrate. Try making it export to a fixed bitrate, say, 256kbps, and tell me what happens. owo

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:36:22 am »
This has happened to me quite some times. I've noticed that it only happens when I make FeralHeart play files saved in a Variable Bitrate. Try making it export to a fixed bitrate, say, 256kbps, and tell me what happens. owo

Thank you so much Decessei!! That fixed it perfectly! (and shorry bout the long reply time I was really really busy o3o)