Author Topic: I am NOT My Character! *Rant*  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: I am NOT My Character! *Rant*
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 05:41:01 pm »
In that case I'm sorry to hear, users should really make it more clear as they host the roleplay that they do not accept such characters instead of turning 180 degrees as the roleplay has started.

Good to hear you do this though because some users in the game can be very blunt and just not think through why the other users react to their behavior, many pointless fights and arguments can appear just because of this.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Tortuga

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Still trying to meet my pun quota.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 06:02:42 pm »
Thanks. But really, I was just very aggravated when I made this thread, which a huge no-no when constructing any sort of complaint post, as things tend to get exaggerated, details get missed and some statements are composed in a poor manner. My character really isn't all that "nasty" compared to others of his type; he's more of this "tough love" character, but her character and mine didn't mix well for various reasons. I wish I had handled that situation with her a little better and explained things before the RP and before it got out of hand. I haven't been able to find her since. )=
This user is 90% real crab meat!

Offline okami357

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • kaere..kaere..kaere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 02:01:24 am »
I think some people get the rp to much personally like '' I am the leader of the rp your kicked of the group by talking with me in  this way'' < It's WRONG You kick the RPER by he's CHARACTER Way to think and those things but in public place is better you don't act like your char some people can understand it in the wrong way :|

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 05:34:27 pm »
Some people just don't differentiate roleplay from OOC, I guess. You could kick in some OOC messages into your RP if your character's behavior starts to get on someone's nerves -- it's prevented many a feud for me. Helps the others get a glimpse of how you really are as well.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 07:34:06 pm »
I hate to say it but there are alot of people on Feral Heart who use the "I'm just RPing" phrase a little to loosely. I have met some people who are genuinely annoying and obnoxious and pretend that they are just RPing to get on the entire groups nerves. I have led a number of groups and packs and I have encountered people who RP as annoying, evil, or unfriendly characters that I didn't mind having in the group since they clearly stated they were playing a character and they had a sense of personality control but I have also had the people who just use RPing as an excuse to be down right rude to me and the group and to just troll. I honeslty think that when it comes to playing the typical distasteful, evil, rude, or wicked character, you should just stick to people who know you well like your Feral Heart BFFs. Because trying it with anyone else who doesn't know you well enough to know you're just playing is liable to take you the wrong way and kick you out even if you tell them you're just RPing. It's just the way people are. To avoid getting blocked, misunderstood, stigmatized etc just stick to your own friends for that kind of stuff. Its like real life, first impressions are everything and people will judge you for stupid reasons. Just be more careful next time and as advice try to stick to playing the more unlikeable character type with just close friends. And as I said I'm sorry you all have had to go through this at one point or another.

Offline Vallez

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Antigua Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 08:26:51 pm »
I agree with Red. He said what I was going to say--- But, If the people you roleplay with do not understand the basics of getting in character, warn them you are about to do so, What I say usually before I role-play is say:
"WARNING: I am NOT my character. I WILL get VERY into character. If you do not agree with my characters actions, do not take it out on ME personally. Just dislike how my character acts. Now, Lets RP!"
Give them a heads up, saying Zuberi is rude, crude, and a jerk. If they can't read the fine print, then there isn't a point to rping with them. Because they are immature. But if they ask you to tone it down a bit, don't argue and say
BLAHHHH IM JUST RPING! BLAHHHH
cause it isn't worth getting banned over. Just say alright. And continue... At a toned down rate. Because people ARE like that and sadly you have to change a bit because of it. :/

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other jerk die for his...

OWNER AND
ADMINISTRATOR OF ANTIGUA

Mi wittle DA page:
http://vallezfh.deviantart.com/