Author Topic: mac problems  (Read 917 times)

Direkiwi

mac problems
« on: September 01, 2012, 07:43:51 am »
Alright, here is a long account of what has gone down. I don't know much about computers, so I'll include every detail that might be important.

I just downloaded the mac version of the game off of this site. When I first open it, it says something about me not having wine, I say okay, commence a short download and installation, and never see it again (this has happened each time I re-downloaded it, and is probably unimportant). I then get a "Ogre engine rendering setup page, and I select "open Gl rendering subsystem, because that's the only option in the drop-down box, this happens every time I open the game, and is also probably unimportant. From there everything goes well, I run around a bit, run into ficho tunnel, and find my way to the door to fluorite plains, it starts loading, then I get the "serious error" message that so many mac users seem to be getting. I re-download, and I also download Xquartz, having no idea what it does, I open Xquartz, try to start the game as that character, and this time, no error message, it just won't leave the loading screen. I delete Xquartz, and I get the error message again. I make a new character (still without Xquartz, and go to the south pole. Works fine. I try to go to the fluorite plains, and it won't load (no error message). Try my first character, won't load (no error message this time, even without Xquartz). Try the second character, won't load, no error message.

Shorter version:

I'm running the mac version with wine (I think). When I try to enter the fluorite plains, I get an error message. Download Xquartz and run it, and when I try to load that character, it just won't load (stuck on loading screen, music playing). Deleted Xquartz, and after one more error message, it won't load every time I try it. Made a different character, went to south pole, worked fine, went to fluorite plains, won't load.

Thanks anyone who takes the time to read either of these, any help would be appreciated. This looks like a fun game, and I really want to play it.

Offline wolf274

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • watch out it's dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: mac problems
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 12:09:16 pm »
Fluorite is a rather busy place the servers may have been full you can check how many players are in a map on the side of the forums, it's really helpful before you jump into the game!

Offline dragonsfire6543

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Haters. Going. Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 05:19:14 pm »
^_^ I had this problem a lot on my dad's mac. You need to re download the game. Flourite is just very,very laggy.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 05:32:46 pm »
The sheer amount of users near the N/Z is enough to make you crash, especially on a Mac where it's all slightly unstable due to FeralHeart being in a sandbox. Reinstall, and try to stay away from the Plains or other full maps, as the ones above me suggested. These crashes might be the equivalent of a bad token...

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Direkiwi

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 05:52:09 pm »
Okay, thanks for the advice, but is there any way to save my current character? I re-downloaded the game and he still won't load.

Direkiwi

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 06:26:38 pm »
okay, I downloaded it on my laptop, which is a way better computer (which I try not to use for gaming, because it overheats) and it worked, again thanks for all the advice

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 08:46:01 pm »
x3 No problem. o: And if you had another more stable method to log on, you could save your charrie.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo