Author Topic: Last Thing (Hopefully!) - Making map public!  (Read 707 times)

Offline Sarafina1892

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Last Thing (Hopefully!) - Making map public!
« on: September 08, 2012, 07:20:23 am »
The map that I made is done, but it has no animals in it so it may be a little boring. There are only two giant caves and some sculpture connected to one, and there is dry grey ground and a waterhole. Soo...:/

How do I make the map public to other users? Also, do they automatically come or do I invite them?

Annnddd can someone write a short tutorial message on how to add objects please? I won't add animals to the map until I know how! I don't like reading extremely long posts to read...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:22:21 am by Kayla/Sarafina »

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
Re: Last Thing (Hopefully!) - Making map public!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:30:21 am »
You basics? You got em. c:

FIRST THING.
Do you have any custom items? Things you downloaded? If you do, you must place them in their own custom object file. You can do this by saving each item to the new object file in object maker, then editing your .object file in the map's terrain folder.

NEXT THING.
Export. Take all the stuff that the export made, copy it and put it into a brand new folder on your desktop. Place any other things not included in the export in as well, such as custom sounds, music, water textures and such. Place a "Readme" file (text document) in there for good measure telling downloaders where to put what.

DISTRIBUTE.
Upload to mediafire.com
Give the link to friends. No, people don't just materialize in your map. It is not a public map, so the only way they can get in is by downloading it. You need to invite them and share the file.