Author Topic: Ideas for map making and NPC maker  (Read 1662 times)

Offline DesertofDeath

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
    • View Profile
Ideas for map making and NPC maker
« on: May 15, 2012, 12:14:07 am »
Maybe (if NPCs and fighting/hunting and quests are added) you could choose settings for these on your map. Like:

Health Bar (yes/no)
Get Slower when Less Healthy (yes/no)
Die when Health Bar Empties (yes/no)
NPCs (yes/no)
NPC Characters (list of characters with checkboxes)
NPCs Drop Items (yes/no)
NPC Breeding (realistic/spawning)
Hunting (yes/no/only NPCs)
Dying in Hunts (yes/no)
Fighting (yes/no/only with permission)
Fighting Location (normal map/special arena/either)
Dying in Fights (yes/no)
Quests (yes/no)

Also an NPC maker, which has all the options of the normal character maker, but with strength, speed, stamina, health (how big the health bar is), reproduction settings (choice of breeding seasons, how long it takes for them to grow up, etc.), lots of behavior settings, killing/eating settings, and what items they drop.

Plus there could be some of these settings in the normal character creator.

In the map maker you could make quests for NPCs to tell you to do and settings for how a certain NPC moves (not at all, follows, runs away, on a path, or randomly) and if they are able to be killed.

Just ideas for if NPCs/fighting/hunting/quests are made (I always think ahead). I know these probably won't get added but I want them to. No flaming please D:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:17:18 am by DesertofDeath »

CloudFish

Re: Ideas for map making and NPC maker
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 05:01:29 pm »
While I don't see these things being implemented at the current rate, seeing as how we can't even get simplier things added, I would enjoy some of these ideas, mostly because I like roleplaying games with a variety of NPCs.

NPCs would indeed make it more an actual game than virtual roleplaying-chat site. As would the engagment of fighting, though making it optional would be the way to go.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:29:19 pm »
As cloud said i dont see it happening, and if so not for a good long time. But would be awesome to have quests, and lil things to do :)

Offline Iver

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 11:32:59 pm »
As cloud said i dont see it happening, and if so not for a good long time. But would be awesome to have quests, and lil things to do :)
If the game had quests many people wouldn't rp anymore...........I just don't see quests happening, the whole point of the game is rping. Also It would be fun to have more speices like horses, many horse lovers would like it. Though it sounds very unlikely that horses would be added and it takes a long time to animate new animals and stuff like that.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 02:49:12 am »
You have no idea how much work this would take. Infact, this might not even be possible but still, pretty nice idea. I do not see this actually happening though, but still pretty good idea.