Author Topic: The Mouse-Click Option  (Read 1879 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
The Mouse-Click Option
« on: April 07, 2012, 07:14:06 am »
Alright, I've been looking through posts and threads to see if this has been up and so far haven't found any, and if it has been put up already, I apologize. (If there is one up, I would appreciate a link if no one minds, just to see what has been discussed about this topic and what the situation is, there ^.^')

Anyway, what I mean by the "mouse click option" is everyone knows how you can either move with W, A, S, and D keys, right? The other way you can do so is by also using the mouse. But sometimes some of us accidentally click the ground or something else by mistake and it makes our characters move when we don't want them to, which for some of us it becomes rather annoying after awhile. So I was wondering if perhaps there could be a chance of turning this off somehow? Or if it's possible to make it happen?
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: The Mouse-Click Option
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 07:55:32 am »
That would be great!(:
It's rather annoying if your character just randomly spazzes around and runs into other players. xD :I

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline YowlingYeen

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -13
  • My charictore Milkfur and her mate Nighttail :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 08:45:46 am »
LOL! XD Ikr? I HATE THAT! XD

Think you got what it takes to survive these streets? Then click hear! See if you can survive........That is if your not Scared!

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=22830.10&topicseen

Avanna

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 09:08:48 am »
I'm just curious if the "Mouse click" Option will interfere with clicking on other peeps =P lol

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 06:07:33 pm »
It should really be possible to create I believe, though kov would need to see this suggestion and accept it.

Doesn't really sound like a bad idea, maybe not disable all mouse clicking of course but just the point and click on ground levels which you probably meant. An option like this would also making windowed mode and tabbing out from the game easier since you wouldn't need to look up towards the sky everytime to prevent the character from moving.

I like it.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 11:29:19 pm »
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean ;D

I, along with many other of my friends and most FH users out there I believe, always have to glance up at the sky when switching windows, which makes it difficult to be aware of the RP you're in and you'd have to glance back down sometimes to see how close another character may be at or where everyone is exactly, then you'll have to look back up again. It could be tolerable, just when you keep having to do it, especially when your computer lags when it has FH up, begins to get frustrating and sometimes people forget to look up and so they're characters move unintentionally.

I don't think it could affect on clicking on characters (not really sure how that'll work) and I usually just use the chat box anyway, but if the ground-clicking could be switched off and you're still able to click on others, that would make it even easier because when you do try clicking on other characters you sometimes click on the ground instead. With that off, you should be able to do so much easier now ^.^

I'm glad you guy's like this idea, I hope Kovu does see this suggestion and accepts it x3
It would be a great help, I'm sure, to most FH members.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...