Author Topic: Lots of us having issues connecting to map server  (Read 978 times)

Offline ShelbyRB

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I can smell your peanut butter lies!!!!!.....
    • View Profile
    • IceCub's deviantArt
Lots of us having issues connecting to map server
« on: October 05, 2012, 01:47:21 am »
So this first started with the map I made for the Skyelands Pride. We've been using it for months now with 30+ regular people on it. And all of a sudden none of us can get into it, and about 20 different characters got stuck in the map. We keep getting the message "Cannot connect to the Map Server. Retry?" and no matter how many times we try we cant get back in anymore.
Now also the map I made for the Altumbrian Lion Pride does the same thing, and I just finished it and exported it.
Is there any solution to this?

SoulRevenge

Re: Lots of us having issues connecting to map server
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 01:50:07 am »
Usually you need to wait for a server restart, though if you need the characters out right away, delete the map and reset your home to return to Lonely cave.

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:11:37 am »
Alright, there has been a map glitch lately where custom maps havent been working to the best of their ability, and they dont allow people in for a short while. This will be fixed soon enough, though instead on deleting the map file, log into the forum here, and on the right hand corner is a button that reads"reset character" all you need to do is press that. Then press reset home on the character you want out of the map.

Sorry about this inconvenience, hope this helped, if you have any further questions just ask!

Offline ShelbyRB

• Experienced Traveler
  • I can smell your peanut butter lies!!!!!.....
    • View Profile
    • IceCub's deviantArt
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 02:14:11 am »
Alright, there has been a map glitch lately where custom maps havent been working to the best of their ability, and they dont allow people in for a short while. This will be fixed soon enough, though instead on deleting the map file, log into the forum here, and on the right hand corner is a button that reads"reset character" all you need to do is press that. Then press reset home on the character you want out of the map.

Sorry about this inconvenience, hope this helped, if you have any further questions just ask!

Ok so the Altumbria Map magically started working again....but thank you so much I need to try that

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »
Click 'Caracter Reset' to get your characters back. And then delete all the map files and re-download it. f that still doesn't work, re-export it. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure. You can always try waiting a few days and try again.

~~Alaskan~~