Author Topic: Chat?[solved]  (Read 1284 times)

Bee101

Chat?[solved]
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:24:47 am »
Hi guys :) I 'm a newbie and I am very curious on how to chat on  the chatbox on the left-side of the game when you are playing it.I would love to have someone help me thanks! :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:09:27 am by Sameth »

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
Re: Chat?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:27:53 am »
You just click the chatbox and type and press enter. Another alternative is to just press enter type and enter again. Should work :) I hope this is what you meant dear.

If you need anything else, just ask.

Bee101

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:31:50 am »
Okay I will try,thank you :)

Offline animals_rock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • Lilly teh Lioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 01:48:13 am »
Adding onto what Raw said:

If you click on the oval button that says 'Local', a list of different chats appear. Local (White chat) is used for only people who are near you;
General (Light green chat) is used to chat with everyone in the map you're in (Ex. Bonfire, Fluorite Plains, Ficho Tunnel, etc.);
Group (Dark/neon green chat) is used if you are in a group of some sort. It will only let you chat amongst the members of said group;
Party (Yellow chat) is used in a party (which is basically a temporary group). This chat is most likely to leak, meaning anyone will be able to hear you, but it's meant to only let people in your party hear you.;
Whisper (Blue chat) is the only private chat that's guaranteed not to leak. If you type in the person who you'd like to whisper's username into the small rectangular box above the chat box, you'll be able to privately talk with one person.

Another thing is the small arrow to the right of the chat box. A list should appear with all the types of chats next to it. You can uncheck chats you don't want to hear and recheck them if you'd like them to reappear.

Last is getting rid of that pesky orange arrival chat. If you click 'Esc' key and then 'Options', scroll down to 'Arrival Chat Name Type' and click 'Don't Show'. The arrivals should stop appearing and leave your chat in peace.

Hope I helped some :3 If you need more clarification, feel free to ask.
Good luck!
Call me Lilly or Animal or Animals or Lillyfloof...I dun really care o3o Call me whatever you want... .3.

dA: Lacey186
Youtube: Lacey186
oovoo: Lacey186
Siggy made by the wonderful Nair~

Bee101

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:57:23 pm »
Oh I found it!Thank you so much guys! :D

Offline animals_rock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • Lilly teh Lioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:26:14 pm »
You're very welcome. :D
Gook luck and have fun in the Feral Heart community!
Call me Lilly or Animal or Animals or Lillyfloof...I dun really care o3o Call me whatever you want... .3.

dA: Lacey186
Youtube: Lacey186
oovoo: Lacey186
Siggy made by the wonderful Nair~

Bee101

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:28 pm »
Thanks! :)

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 02:48:55 pm »
Click the chatbox then type in whatever you need to say and press the Enter key to send it out.

There are all different types of chats.

Local. Only nearby users can see the chat.

General. Everybody can see the chat.

Group. [Sharp Green] Only users in the group can see the chat.

Party. [Yellow] Only users in the party can see the chat.

Whisper. Only the user your whispering can see the chat. (Private chat).

If you'd like to change the chat you're one. Click the bar that says 'Local' and it will give you a list of the chats you can switch to. Click the one you want, and the bar should change to the one you picked. Example: Say you were on the General Chat, click the bar, then say I wanted to switch to Local, so I click Local, and the bar changes from General to Local.

And if you'd like to turn off a chat. [Turning off a chat means you won't see it anymore.] Click the arrow on the right corner on top of the chat box. And then check out the chat you don't want to see anymore.

And that's pretty much it. :)

Oh, to whisper somebody you need to have their username. So if you wanted to whisper me you would switch to the whisper chat then type in Alaskan in the empty bar above the chat box.

So that's it. Hope this helped! :D

~~Alaskan~~