Author Topic: FeralHeart broken?  (Read 1853 times)

artemis1012

FeralHeart broken?
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:09:07 am »
       I've seen a topic a little like this one, but it was solved. I tried to do the stated solution, but it didn't work. On that topic a bunch of other people said that the solution didn't work for them, but no one responded. So, here's the problem I face along with quite a few other people:

I go onto FH, and it crashes. It always says "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working," etc..
I am so confused, I've had to have reinstalled FH at least 4 times, and tried changing the rendering system, too, but it just won't work no matter what I do. I'm in panic, FH is my LIFE. I cannot live without it. I tried looking to see if I had a virus, found nothing. Nada. Please help me, I'm so upset I want to smash my computer. I hope this answers a few other people's problems if this one is solved.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart broken?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:21:24 am »
Have you exported any maps recently? Try searching for duplicated particle files, .particle_0 or particle_1, delete any you find.

Also when re-installing you should try deleting your folder then re-install, that way any problem causing files will be deleted.

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 05:31:21 am »
(Nny, is that from some sorta comic? I wanna read it XD) I suggest changing settings IN the rendering system too. Screen size &c.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 05:58:54 am »
Yes, that be Nny short for Johnny. He's from the comic Johnny the Homicidal Maniac ^^ I can tell you more about him via PM if you want ;)

That's another thing to do, switch rendering systems a few times.

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 06:18:10 am »
Hmm. Although uninstalling and deleting the entire game and folder should have worked...
When exactly do you get the FeralHeart.exe message? Does it happen the moment you click the game icon or once you've logged in and picked a character? If it happens once you've picked a character have you checked to see if it only happens on a specific character? As Ingrediant asked have you been able to get on the game before or did this problem start after messing around with the files or downloading any mods or maps?
Sometimes this FeralHeart.exe error message can occur when you are trying to get into a crowded map like Fluorite. If this is the case just keep trying until you can get in, or just use the character reset option at the top right of the forum and get your character to a less crowded region.

You can also try going in at the game's options through the main menu and then go into video settings.
From there you can:
Set Anti Aliasing to 0
Turn Water Reflection off
Set View Distance to 0
Changing your rendering system between OpenGL & Direct3D9(As the others mentioned above)

If all else fails maybe try refering to this:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=26735.0
Can't think of anything else right now but I hope something here works. Goodluck.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:21:52 am by LordSuragaha »