Author Topic: Game crashes upon entering maps.  (Read 941 times)

Offline Illuminate

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Game crashes upon entering maps.
« on: November 05, 2012, 02:59:34 am »
I've been playing FeralHeart for over a year, at least on this account, with almost no problems, but today, I decided to remove some people from my block list. I used to block foreigners due to well.. I can't tell what they're saying and I doubt I'll  ever talk to them! I had mostly forgotten about one simple glitch, however. I don't know how many people have encountered this glitch before, but it's the glitch with the block list where if you scroll down too far, the game crashes.

I began to quickly remove various people from my block list, but then all of a sudden the game crashed. I tried to login again and was successful but upon entering the map, before it even loaded the game crashed. I tried again but with a character in a different map, the game still crashed so I used one of my alternate accounts, which did work. {All of my alternate accounts are working, by the way.}

The only reason I've been associating this happening with that glitch is because my game crashed after I removed all of those people, and the only reason I haven't just went and started to use on my other accounts is because I rarely use those, and almost all of the characters I use are on my main account, Illuminate. I've been trying for a few hours to use said account for a few hours now but it hasn't been working. Although, something strange did happen awhile ago where two of my friend's accounts did this, but it had nothing to do with the block list.

Might there be a way to fix this, or possibly something I could do about it? I would honestly hate to have to move accounts, but I guess if I end up having to then I will.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes upon entering maps.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 04:05:13 am »
I don't know how many people have encountered this glitch before, but it's the glitch with the block list where if you scroll down too far, the game crashes.

Never heard of such a thing but there are a number of other reasons why your game can start crashing suddenly. If it's not just the server being derpy it could be because you have something wrong going on with your files. Do you get any specific error messages on crash? Does it happen on all of your characters on that one account? Have you maybe been downloading mods recently that caused the default game files to be altered in some way? Here are just a few possible solutions:

-Check your particles folder for double particles and delete the double particles. Those double particles would be extra files with numbers at the end of them.

- Maybe mess around with your video settings through the game's main menu a bit. Go to where it says "options" then press "video" and mess with these settings:
Rendering Subsystem switch between OpenGL or Direct3D9
Anti Aliasing to None
Water Reflection to off
View Distance to 0
Sometimes resetting video settings or changing them a bit can help the game run better

-Possibly try uninstalling the game, deleting the Feral Heart folder and then reinstalling nice and fresh. This usually is the last option but it almost always work to fix these kind of problems just in case you may have corrupted, missing, or misplaced files. (just be sure to back up any important files like presets etc into a seperate folder else where in your computer so you don't lose them.)

Hope something here helps. Goodluck Illuminate
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:10:36 am by LordSuragaha »