Author Topic: Cannot log in to my profile...  (Read 755 times)

Offline L o k i

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Cannot log in to my profile...
« on: November 11, 2012, 11:48:41 pm »
I need some help. I tried logging in with my brother and sisters profiles on my computer and they work, when I log in with mine, it won't. My game keeps crashing when I start the game.... I don't know whats wrong.

Offline Sibb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • #BusinessCat
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Sibb
    • http://sibblet.deviantart.com/
    • STEAM_0:0:71732532
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot log in to my profile...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 02:50:28 am »
Perhaps it is something to do with the fact that maybe the admin hasn't accepted your account yet. OR it could be that you have managed to log in but you have left your character in a busy map that exceeds the limit of players.

Signatures    |    Avatars

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot log in to my profile...
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 04:32:18 am »
It's strange that it would only crash on your account and not your brother or sister's when you are all using the same computer and I assume the same log in account on your computer. A few questions:

1.) How far in before the game crashes? Like can you get to the character select screen or it crashes once you're loading into a map?
2.) Do you get any specific error messages on crash?
3.) Have you tried logging in on other characters of your account to see if it's only that once character that is having trouble?

We need just a bit more info to give you the best tips to help you.
The game can crash for a number of reasons but since you are all sharing the same files I assume the normal fixes for this problem seem a bit unnecessary to recommend but here goes anyway just in case:
- Check that your particles folder doesn't have any double particle files. Those would be particle files with numbers at the end. If you find any delete them
- You could be crashing because you are trying to enter a custom map that has damaged files is so use the character reset option at the top right of the forum to restore the character to a stable location.
- Sometimes changing your video settings on the game's main menu under options stops the crashes if you put the settings like so:
Change your Rendering Subsystem between OpenGl to Direct3D9
Turn Anti Aliasing to none
Turn View Distance to 0
Turn Water Reflection to off
- Sometimes the magic fix to weird things like this is just to uninstall the game, delete the Feral Heart folder, and then give it a fresh reinstall. Just be sure to back up any important files like presets etc if you do this.
Hope something here helps...