Author Topic: How do you make your map downloadable?  (Read 2199 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: How do you make your map downloadable?
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 09:06:50 pm »
Oh good I'm glad you managed to get it through then :)! And you're welcome Lilac, sorry it took me so long to reply back though I was out. I hope the installation goes smooth for your friend then but if it doesn't be sure to let me know :) and thank you don't worry about the floof I'm just happy to help you.

JackobLoveu

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 11:50:27 pm »
It did not went smooth, I been getting errors

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 12:04:34 am »
That's unfortunate but ok tell me what were the errors? Any specific messages? Explain as specifically as you can so I can try my best to help you out. Also possibly provide screenshots if necessary.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:07:10 am by LordSuragaha »

JackobLoveu

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 04:17:17 pm »
Error: The version of this file is not compatible with the version  of the Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether toy need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program. amd then contact the software publisher   

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 08:34:17 pm »
Error: The version of this file is not compatible with the version  of the Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether toy need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program. amd then contact the software publisher  

Hmm...doesn't make sense to me why you'd get that message.
I will need Lilac to answer me here. Lilac what files exactly did you put in the zip folder? Were they all & only your map files? Could you maybe take a screenshot of the contents of the zip folder full of your map files that you are giving Thrillex so I can get a better idea of what you're doing with the files in case it's a problem on your side. (To get a screenshot of your zip folder all you have to do is open it and press the "PRTSC SYSRQ" button on your computer and then open a program like "paint" and paste the image there, save it, and upload it to a photo sharing site and paste the image here on the forum.)
Remember Lilac the only files you should be giving Thrillex are the maps files that you got when you exported the map in the map maker. Those files should be the fhm (the actual map file), weather files, objects/object groups, music files, and sky files (FHM, FHO, FHS/FHW, Mp3 etc files). Make sure you aren't changing their format as you are copying them and pasting them into the zip.

As for you Thrillex were you able to unzip the folder that you downloaded from Lilac? When you unzipped it when exactly did that message pop up and to which file or files did that message pop up for? The message is referring to a problem with some specific file apparently and I can't tell if it's a problem on your side or something Lilac may have done to the files since I can't see them myself. I suggest Lilac reviews the files that she gave you before you try to reinstall as I believe she may have done something wrong.

Once she gives you the files over make sure you are following the steps I gave you earlier when you're installing them Thrillex:
1.) Follow the "read me" file if there is one and place the files in the places where it says most of the files go into the "Exports" folder

OR

If placing the map files into the Feral Heart "Exports" folder didn't make it work right than try placing the files into more specific places like so:
FHM files go into FH>Media>Terrains
FHO files go into FH>Media>Objects
FHS/FHW go into FH>Media>Sky
Music files/ mp3 go into FH>Media>Sounds/Music
Then restart the game

If you two continue having trouble I will see if someone else like one of the mods can help also.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:38:59 pm by LordSuragaha »

JackobLoveu

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 08:49:30 pm »

Offline firawolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Go ahead risk it all
    • View Profile
    • http://elementsquad.forumotion.com
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 09:35:52 pm »
here it is

and some more just in case the black is where i got the link from in the picture below

JackobLoveu

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 09:40:15 pm »
Sorry when I click it, it just imminently gives me an error

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 11:19:33 pm »
Ok I see now. Good thanks for the screenshots Lilac. Well first off the mseinstall.exe thing from what I know is the executable file that contains the installer for Microsoft Security Essentials software. It's possible that error message is refering to that file. As for that fhm file called "Elementa" I don't know if it could be causing a little trouble too. You see how in the first picture the file has the little Internet Explorer icon on it? I could be wrong  :-\... You might have to change the program type that opens that kind of file. You change that by right clicking the fhm file and selecting the "open with" option. From there you have to select the appropriate program... I believe mine say opens with "Windows Shell Common".  At least that's what I believe is the problem. You could always try reexporting that fhm file and seeing if that gets rid of the problem, if not you'll have to change that yourself Lilac. Hmm but honestly I'm not all too sure about this so I'll PM one of the mods just in case I'm over looking something or it's not this. Stand by.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:52:04 am by LordSuragaha »

JackobLoveu

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 11:27:49 pm »
So wait, im fine?