Author Topic: Everything black  (Read 1510 times)

Light121

Everything black
« on: November 13, 2012, 07:54:27 pm »
Okay so I just started to play FH and when I logged in created my animal  everything is black. Whenever I move it's black. And when I look at map I see white and black parts. Nothing but that. What now? D:

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Everything black
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 08:10:12 pm »
Hello and welcome to the Feral Heart community Ena

First off which Feral Heart are you using? The black screen problem sounds more like a problem that is related to Feral Heart+. To fix that problem if you are using Feral Heart+ you can follow this link:
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=16805.msg225267#msg225267
The thing is I wouldn't suggest that you use Feral Heart+ if that is what you downloaded. Feral Heart+ is not as well managed or updated as the regular Feral Heart and is therefore very buggy & glitchy. Stick to the regular Feral Heart and you will have less headaches. You can find the regular Feral Heart on the download page in fact it's the first download you see at the top.

On the other hand if you are not using Feral Heart+ what type of computer are you using? Did you maybe consider unistalling and reinstalling the game? Also sometimes a simple change in the game's video settings/rendering subsystem can help with the black screen problem. If you can access the main menu click where it says "options" and then video settings. Set your settings as so:
Switch between OpenGL or Direct3D9 rendering subsystem

You can also refer here:
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.msg144821#msg144821
I hope something here helps. Goodluck
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:31:37 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »
Are you using FeralHeart or FeralHeart+? Assuming you're using FeralHeart, you should try pressing the 'B' key, to open the Biography tab. There, go to 'Home' and first Reset Home, then Go Home. This can happen if your character was left in a custom map which was later deleted. If this doesn't work, try changing rendering systems, as mentioned before. Of course, reinstalling is also an option, though it's usually a last resort to myself. If you see textures missing, then you should do such.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:21:31 pm »
that happened to me when i was first using Feral Heart +. if you are using that one then you need to be at Bonfire for it to really work, but the other maps will be off, so on the regular FH, go to Bonfire, then log out and then on Feral Heart + and it should work. hope that helps
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Light121

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:40 pm »
Oh yeah I just saw it's Feral heart+. I downloaded normal one and everything is working! :D Thanks people so so so so much! I can enjoy playing now! ^^

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:40:04 pm »
Glad Feral Heart works for you Ena. Hope you have lots of fun exploring and that you make many new friends :) If you have anymore questions or need advice feel free to let us know or if you like you can also private message me and I'd be more than happy to help you.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:52:03 pm »
xD Ah, FeralHeart+... Causing confusion since it was released. Anyway, it's good to know you can get on the game, don't hesitate to ask us if anything comes up. ~

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo