Author Topic: Time of day indicator  (Read 1763 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Time of day indicator
« on: November 27, 2012, 11:44:15 am »
I was in my RP the other day, in one of the custom maps that was a tunnel and thought, "I can't tell what time of day it is outside, so I don't know if it's good to hunt or not," (we hunt at certain times of FH day, but that's beside the point).
I though that maybe we could have a little dial or clock or some kind of indicator that shows what point in the daytime/nighttime cycle we are at, maybe in the top corner next to the little map. And may it could only be on the display when you're in a tunnel/cave map, because you don't really need it on the plains.
This will probably only be useful for people in RPs rather than those just having a chat, but I thought it'll be a nice addition for those who do RP and to keep track of how the day progresses.

Thoughts?

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

CloudFish

Re: Time of day indicator
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:56:24 am »
Remember this being brought up before, a long time ago; and I still feel this would be a nice addition to the hub. Often have the fail moments of, "Is it sunrise, or sunset?" And don't take into account the east and west deal. Would prove most helpful in roleplays.

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • I'm not crazy! your just too weird
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 10:36:24 pm »
I think this would be a fantastic idea
(You- have-nothing-to-fear-but-fear-itself)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 11:29:09 pm »
I do approve of this idea.

Mentioned something very similar in an old thread of mine, pretty much an icon in the top right corner that shows the ingame time along with an icon of which part of the day it is(Dusk, dawn, night, day). It would just be nice to know how long it would take in general until you can expect the sun to come back up wether it's for roleplay purposes or just activity in the maps, I know video making users would find this useful.

Feel free to check up on this old thread if you'd like, many interesting things in there.
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=16469.0
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Wolflover87

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 11:34:12 pm »
I do think this is a good idea as well.

Though, I think it would be a bit time consuming do to the recent busyness the staff has been having lately.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:59:09 pm by Woolfie »

SoulRevenge

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 02:52:43 pm »
I do this this is a good idea as well.

Though, I think it would be a bit time consuming do to the recent busyness the staff has been having lately.

Compared to alot of things Kovu might be working on at the moment. .

This wouldn't take quite as long as you appear to expect it to. x3

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 06:22:24 pm »
I do approve of this idea.

Mentioned something very similar in an old thread of mine, pretty much an icon in the top right corner that shows the ingame time along with an icon of which part of the day it is(Dusk, dawn, night, day). It would just be nice to know how long it would take in general until you can expect the sun to come back up wether it's for roleplay purposes or just activity in the maps, I know video making users would find this useful.

Feel free to check up on this old thread if you'd like, many interesting things in there.
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=16469.0

^ Thought of that exactly when reading the first post. xD All of those ideas in that thread are fantastic... but.

I do this this is a good idea as well.

Compared to alot of things Kovu might be working on at the moment. .

This wouldn't take quite as long as you appear to expect it to. x3

^That is a problem. The staff couldn't do something like that without Kov; and as most of you users know, he's gone and disappeared.

So like many other great ideas and potential that this game and its community has, we can't move forward with this.

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 07:41:31 pm »
The is a very good idea. The only factor is how long it would take to get done. I know I have gotten bored of being in sunlight of the plains. I also may make a suggestion: weather? Just an idea.