Author Topic: Anyone else not like how only 160 pp in one map?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline lionheart2061

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Anyone else not like how only 160 pp in one map?
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:20:36 pm »
Anyone not else like how only 160 people can be in one map?  I get how it stops lag and stuff, but I have some characters in the Plains with Rps and I can't get to them because of it. I don't know if there is a way around it because every time I go through the portal it says can't connect, but when there was only like 98 people there I got in fine....

" Although the memories may fade, we still live on.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else not like how only 160 pp in one map?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:24:58 pm »
I don't think anyone likes it LionHeart but this has been discussed many times and while the error messages and bad tokens are annoying we just have to deal with it unfortunately. I'm sure you know about this post:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=27243.0
Everything you need to know is explained there.
This is more of a discussion topic not so much a question for the help section.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:29:31 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 08:27:27 pm »
Honestly in this case you just have to keep trying to get in. As Sura said, none of us like it... but even the staff has to deal with bad tokens and such. The 160 limit is to keep users spread out throughout the maps in the game and avoid one map becoming so full that it crashes. Not to mention the lag reduction.

Visit the link that was posted, it will explain more about why the limit is there.

Offline Azorukon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • YEET YEET
    • Azorukonn
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:59:26 pm »
160 is plenty for maps, but as for flourite it is almost impossible to get in i do understand lag is a big problem to especially where people gather up like stone bridge. i never go to flourite ever, but it would be nice i guess to expand the number to 200 or so xD its a main map of Feral Heart, and the main rp map so...

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:15:49 am »
In my personal opinion, the max should have just stayed 200. I never had lag or crashing problems except when the staff were modifying a small server glitch that ended quickly. It is now impossible for roleplays to really roleplay because of inactivity due to the small number of maximum people and yes- I read the thread. c:
Friendship is magical; Violence is hysterical.

wolfdog01

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 02:27:04 am »
I agree with Fire, I can like, NEVER RP anymore really because of the limit drop, 200 sounds nice and a good number to keep it at, I read the link a while back ago and understood, but I mean, still. 200 people.....200...lol

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 03:21:10 am »
With 200 we had massive chat lag at the busiest parts of the day, and with registration being limited there are less new users coming in at any rate. The limit will stay at 160 for now; spread out among the other maps and you'll find a role play or two to join. Or you could just keep trying like the rest of us xD it isn't impossible.

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 08:24:53 am »
And it's not always full, if you come on late at night or during the day not as many people are on, and I have never had a problem with full up maps at this time C:

I know that might not be a solution, with school, bed times, and all that, but it is just a suggestion :)
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 01:14:01 pm »
Whether we like it not, it's not about to change any time soon, so we just have to accept it and work with the decreased number rather than against it. Besides, if you can't get into the map you want, they are other maps to go to or other things to do.
And anything, the decreased user limit in the maps is for the best, even if it does annoy people sometimes.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)