Author Topic: Favorite RP moments (funny, serious, interesting)  (Read 1961 times)

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Favorite RP moments (funny, serious, interesting)
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:39:51 am »
Here are some of my favorite moments that I can think of off the top of my head:

Defining moment in Roger's RP (this was a while ago):

[We started out by pointing out OOC that our backstories were similar. Roger was exiled for deserting a pack that had it's territory invaded, the other character (IDR her name) had a wolf who's original territory had been flooded, and was forced to invade another pack's territory out of desperation. While peace was made, her painful memories of losing her sisters caused her to move away. So we decided to merge our stories...]

Roger: Where are you from?
Stranger: Well, it used to be called the [IDR] plains, but now they are the flooded plains.
Roger: Wait... you.... you were there! (switches to snarl)

[long argument insues about why each was justified]

Roger: Just kill me, I deserve it. I abandoned my pack.
Stranger: I can't.... my sisters....

[long counseling session begins where Roger breaks down about what a coward he is.]

So yeah, there was more to it, but it was really long, really dramatic, and really good.

Also, more recently, each of these 5 "cryptic" phrases were interpreted in a rather perverted way by a different stranger. I was playing Doran, my attempt at creating a Vorlan-like character in FH (Vorlan are from Babylon 5, and yes, I'm bad.)
[I won't even say what the interpretations were, I realized afterward how each could be bad.

You are as the closed circle
You are as the hand which does not know
You are as the unlit candle. [I was getting frustrated and referring to his brain. There is another way this can go...]
In Ficho Tunnel, you will die.
You walk a path that is not straight. [why didn't I see this one coming?]

Anyway, it got me laughing so hard imagining someone saying this kindof thing to a Vorlan in B5.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

CloudFish

Re: Favorite RP moments (funny, serious, interesting)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:05:46 am »
Am pretty sure my favorite roleplay moment happened in my own roleplay.

With our religous nut cheetahs being the main antagonists of the roleplay, we had one user's character, Tyme befriend the daughter of my main character Cloud. After months of a supposed friendship, Tyme led Delia to the cheetah's ruined city like a sheep to the slaughter. It was there we had the cheetahs we did have to kill Delia. It was a planned death, but considering it was a farewell to not only Delia, but also Vet, it was more emotional than most. Especially when the lions finally arrived to find the lionesses dead body. I haven't much cared for any other roleplays like the year-long one that was built up through that.

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Look in that pocket of yours
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:04:36 am »
I don't really roleplay too much, sitting around is more of my thing, but someone once made an awesome roleplay. We were wolves living in a gorgeous forest. And I remember we had a gate to a village. When we went to the village, we discovered the humans in the village had lots of livestock, and hated wolves. It was fun roleplaying things like hunting the livestock, and the humans in the roleplay shooting at us. I was rather downcast when that roleplay stopped.
No longer on the forums. Maybe around the game every now and again.

My DA
My creations

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 12:23:48 am »
An interesting moment was when I entered my fist lion RP. I think it's safe to say I was the quiet one since I've never RPed as a lion before and I'm not very well educated in how lions do things. I must say, I enjoy my wolf RPs a lot more. :)

Now, a funny moment was on my robot wolf char that does a lot of wandering. This particular time, it was wandering in Bonfire, but guess what!?  :o It's battery ran out! *dun dun dun!* And I RPed that bit. And some canid comes up to Mechawolf, grabs a mains plug out of nowhere and shoves it in Mechawolf's butt!  :o Goodness me, I never knew there was a plug there.

I don't think I've had an serious RP moments, at least not yet. The character's I RP either don't take things seriously or can't be taken seriously. But I'll keep you posted for more moments.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 08:08:25 am »
Well, I just had another one =).

So, my Lucious character used to be based on a flirtatious personality that is against the rules. As a fox, I wanted to make him "foxy," but not break the rules.

So, now he is a self-employed secret agent for hire.

So, Lucious goes up to a lion (who I didn't realize was involved with an in depth TLK RP), and tries to fish for opportunities to make some profit (in meat). So, he asks this lion about whether she has a pack,  if her pack is in good health, and so on, to no avail. Then he asks this character about rivals. She names 2, and so he goes off to gather information about one. If satisfactory, he gains 20 IBS. of meat, but more if the information is particularly useful. So, he finds the first target, already in a fight and in rough shape. So he thinks to himself *I could make a whole lot more if I just flat out find a way to get her killed than just give information to the same ends.* So he decides to convince her that she will die from her wounds if not healed with his "remedy." She agrees, and he goes and gets it, but the player DCs before I get back. So, he gives it to one of her allies for safekeeping to make sure she gets it. At this point, I point out OOC that it is not a remedy, but a lethal poison. However, as a wanderer, this character figures it out *after* Lucius leaves, and buries it instead, taking no chances.

So, my character believes that this other character is as good as dead, and will tell his client so tomorrow. This should be very interesting for a few reasons:
1)This character may hold out until the results are present
2)The client may not have wanted an assassination. The agreement was information, not an assassination, and she may have wanted to kill this character herself, or may only be competitors, not actually wanting to harm her.
3) She could mess up completely, give Lucious the meat, finding out only afterward her error, and try to hunt him down.

This should be good!

EDIT: Well, finished it up. My character found out that the liver had been buried before the client got back. However, in a sudden unexplained switchup, the character [knowing ooc that it was poison] said that she had in fact consumed it. So, I report this to my client, who is so appreciative for trying, that I get the reward either way. Actually worked out pretty well for him. I think I will really like these mafia-ish RPs, exciting whether you win or lose.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:34:41 am by stark »
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.