Author Topic: Kimba fan thread!  (Read 1315 times)

Hiccupby

Kimba fan thread!
« on: May 01, 2011, 06:18:00 pm »
 ;D well you saw the title- this is a Kimba fan thread- so all kimba pictures- movie listings, and rants would go here.  I watched the original 1966 animated series on youtube and fell in love with it immediately.  It also introduced me to the awesome creator and innovator behind it- Osamu Tezuka- the father of manga/anime.  Some  of you may recognize him as also being the creator of Astro Boy.  There's other more amazing works by him that are exclusively in Japan like BlackJack and Phoenix. I recently watched the Jungle Emperor Leo movie released in 2009 and it was FANTASTIC! anyways, Kimba fans should post here and share in the fandomness!  ;)

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
Re: Kimba fan thread!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:33:44 am »
I can't believe nobody's commented on this yet! I thought Kimba was more popular than this, especially on an MMORPG involving lions...

I watched the 1997 movie for the first time today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Makes me want to watch the original 1960's tv show. I enjoy The Lion King too, but I can definitely see where Disney got it's inspiration. And it makes sense, because Tezuka himself was inspired by Disney. ^-^

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Hiccupby

Re: Kimba fan thread!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:42:43 pm »
kimba is a very beautiful story- it's sad to see that even in Japan it seems to be neglected a lot of the times.