Author Topic: Character Switching  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Azorukon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • YEET YEET
    • Azorukonn
    • View Profile
    • FA
Character Switching
« on: December 26, 2012, 01:04:02 am »
Alright this is a common problem probably not only for me but for others to, the times you want to switch to a different char, but have to log off and re-log in order to change your char, sometimes I get problems with logging in or bad tokens map fails etc. It'd be awesome if there was a way to toggle your characters in-game instead of re-logging every time you want to make a switch, however the problem of lag, and KovuLKD disappearing keeps it so that this game is pretty much stuck for awhile until we either figure something out to get the game info from him, or when he decides to return. Just a thought ya know :D

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: Character Switching
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 10:04:12 am »
Well, that's why it's good to have a main character.

Besides, look at it like this: If you'd have the ability to change characters without logging off, no one else would be able to log in. I know it sounds nice, but that would make a bunch of users mad. Including yourself, because then you wouldn't be able to go online either. So, from my point of view, I don't really think this would work. Lots of complicationz. Plus the lag, of course.

Hurr.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:51:29 am »
Ramine pretty much summed it up there.
I personally do not like the idea, as it would mean people would be logged on constantly.
You would probably receive bad tokens anyway as you would need to load your character in the map, as it is not the account that causes the issue, but the full maps.
RETIRED.

Offline Azorukon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • YEET YEET
    • Azorukonn
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 09:46:33 pm »
ah i see, but as i said only a thought ^^ there's good and bad to all ideas so ya know o3o but yeah it'd probably clog the game badly.