Author Topic: My map is "breaking" not only my chars, but others' chars as well?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Midgetsc

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Yeah... The title kinda explains it. I spent a LOT of time making this awesome map for my RP, Kingdoms of Animalia. The map pack has 4 maps, and the first three (Lifehold Plains, a dungeon map, and Swiftwind Shore) all seem to be working. The fourth one, however, is called Darkshroud Forest, and every time you enter it, your character "breaks" and doesn't work any more. No matter how many times you try to get on it, it gives you a message that says "Failed to connect to map server". It has a lot of meshes, but they're mostly trees. In terms of big/laggier meshes, Lifehold Plains is worse, but it works fine. I have no idea what's causing the map to mess up, but according to my members, it's not just my character that broke from it. If anyone could help me fix this, I'd love them forever, because I can't ever seem to get Character Reset to work, and instead no matter how many times I put my login info it just (basically) refreshes the page. :P

PLEASE, if you know a solution please tell me. Darkshroud Forest is my favorite map in the pack. <3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: My map is "breaking" not only my chars, but others' chars as well?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 10:18:03 pm »
Same thing happened to me when I tried to enter Red's Map Pack. The only time I was able to enter it was after a server restart. All I can suggest to get your character out for the mean time is delete the .fhm file in your exports folder. That should let you get your character back but you will be in a pitch black world.

I'm sorry I can't be much help.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.