Author Topic: friend didnt get FH registration email 0.o  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Touyja

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
friend didnt get FH registration email 0.o
« on: December 30, 2012, 09:00:17 pm »
so a friend of mine has just made an account i've made them an email up so they can join and we have made her an account and it said to check her email the email we REGISTERED with we checked and all she has is a "getting started" message from hotmail i've checked every inbox and we have waited but she still hasnt got it we've gone onto forgot username and forgot password to attempt to get it sorted but all we get from them is "feralheart is taking to long to respond" or "problem loading page"
we tried to re-make the account but it says the username and hotmail is in use so it must have made the account but she cant activate it 0_o

help?

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: friend didnt get FH registration email 0.o
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 09:02:26 pm »
Make sure you check the email one more time. The getting started one. Also wait for a bit to see if it pops back up. I was just having email problems a second ago, but I waited and everything sent after.  Maybe, because "FH is taking to long to respond" you might just be having connections problems or something. Try waiting, or refreshing the page a few times.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 09:05:16 pm »
Like Sly said but also did she check her spam folder?

Offline Touyja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 09:07:35 pm »
Make sure you check the email one more time. The getting started one. Also wait for a bit to see if it pops back up. I was just having email problems a second ago, but I waited and everything sent after.  Maybe, because "FH is taking to long to respond" you might just be having connections problems or something. Try waiting, or refreshing the page a few times.

we've tried:
refreshing 5-8 times
going on something else then back on hotmail
checking all the files (including the junk one)
and waiting for some minutes
and she still hasnt gotten it :/
and i've just got her to sign out and back in and she still did not get it. 0_o

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 09:11:05 pm »
Just be patient sometimes it takes a whole day for the activation link to be sent. It happened to me once with this site and many other times with other sites.

Offline Touyja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 09:12:21 pm »
well thanks anyway we'll wait and check tomorrow if nothing then we'll give up with it

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 09:14:18 pm »
If it doesn't show up within at least a day consider contacting one of the admins. They might be able to help.
Goodluck

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 09:34:40 pm »
Most of the times when the activation mail was not received, it's the rather simple reason of the users mail was set to sent mails like the activation one to the spam folder, not the actual inbox itself. Sometimes some services even delete these mails on auto since there's preferences to delete spam mails on arrival. This way the user at hand will never know it got sent and believe it's something wrong with the activation system here on the site.

Though of course, there's been instances when the activation mail took it's time to get sent as well. But most of the cases it's because of deleted spam mail or not checking up on the junk mail.

If the issues remains after a few days you can always contact me or any other mod about it.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Touyja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 09:56:12 pm »
Most of the times when the activation mail was not received, it's the rather simple reason of the users mail was set to sent mails like the activation one to the spam folder, not the actual inbox itself. Sometimes some services even delete these mails on auto since there's preferences to delete spam mails on arrival. This way the user at hand will never know it got sent and believe it's something wrong with the activation system here on the site.

Though of course, there's been instances when the activation mail took it's time to get sent as well. But most of the cases it's because of deleted spam mail or not checking up on the junk mail.

If the issues remains after a few days you can always contact me or any other mod about it.

thankyou red we will do ^^