Author Topic: Uninstall FH?  (Read 904 times)

Offline natbug19980

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I absolutely adore this game, it's my life now!
    • View Profile
Uninstall FH?
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:29:35 pm »
I recently downloaded the day/night mod but want to uninstall it because I don't like it. I love the mod, it's just I don't like using it because when I'm in caves it's pitch black and I can't see anything. I asked for help on the thread and someone said to uninstall FH, the problem is, I don't know how. If I uninstall it will I still be able to have all my favorite mods?

Please Help!

Signature by Abomine
                                                            Username: Natbug19980

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Uninstall FH?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:54:00 pm »
This is the same problem I had, but oddly enough the darkness in the caves was the only thing I liked since it was more realistic. I don't myself know which file is what to back up mods you already have. What I had to do was simply download -everything- all over again. Lol, I had claws, fur, presets, markings, items and other stuff to re-download... 

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Uninstall FH?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »
If you uninstall the game you will lose all your mods unfortunately. There are a few ways to go about with this process though:

For one you can just reinstall the game but if you do this you will probably get little pop up windows about copying and replacing files  so you'll have to be cautious to not replace the wrong files.

What you could do instead is reinstall the game on to your desktop that way you will not over write your current Feral Heart folder and all you'll have to do is go into the new Feral Heart Folder on your desktop and copy the original files that you replaced with the day/nigh mod in that new folder  (if you remember which those were) and paste them into your current Feral Heart folder replacing the modified files only. (hope that makes sense lol)

Easiest thing to do though is to just uninstall. If you decide to just uninstall & reinstall you will lose all mods & add ons as well as custom made maps and presets so you must back up the important files if you don't want to lose them.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:01:18 pm by LordSuragaha »