Author Topic: Demon/Angel characters.  (Read 5376 times)

Offline HavenUnderEarth

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Demon/Angel characters.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 03:18:55 am »
*ahem*
I'm perfectly fine with angel/demon characters as long as they're /actually/ angel/demons, not just black wolves with horns or winged humans.
I read one bio where the guy was just a guy with wings and sandals, and his parents were killed by humans and he was chased by scientists. This seems more Maximum Ride than actual angels. Also, aren't the 'good' angels supposed to be immortal? .3. Idk, man.
As long as you can pull the character off, wonderful. But if it doesn't really make any sense, name it for what it /really/ is. .-. I don't wanna see anymore 'bird/human experiments' called angels, okay?

Offline Dragonite

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • NEVER STEAL MY MUFFIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 06:35:52 pm »
Nope. Get out. Get. Out. Move ya tail out of my cave. I told you. A million times. And you took it any way. Lemme put it in a way you might understand. THUNDERPUNCH!

Offline whitesnow

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Malice Clan is open for all! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 06:45:07 pm »
I have an angelic character, Vesperia and she's not (hopefully) too powerful, sure she has a dark side, Demonica but I try not to make all of my characters mary-sues. No character is perfect, that's all I have to say.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 07:40:06 pm »
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with an angel or demon character, but I DO believe that they're a tad overdone, and unfortunately a favourite of those with little RP experience who seem to be compensating with an overly powerful/beautiful/over the top character. I'm not in any way saying that those are the only people who have such characters, but there is definitely a correlation.

I think, like any species, a well-handled and sufficiently developed angel/demon could be an excellent character. It's just really hard to do them right because they're so inherently easy to overwork. And even if one succeeded it might not be worth the trouble, considering how many people avoid characters like that on principle under the assumption that they'll be Mary Sues.

Offline shootmedown

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • H????.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 05:34:10 pm »
The majority of demons/angels I meet on FH are usually in Bonfire or South Pole. Once I just sitting near a demon wolf's "territory" as a snow leopard, and they totally went beserk and started "killing" her. It just goes to show, most demons are made so they have more power of people and regular animals. It was annoying and they kept godmodding and powerplaying, such as "-kills u with demon powers no nuthin-" I asked them kindly to stop and that they were claiming public map, but they just said things like "wutevur" and went back to "killing" me. It was very annoying, I must say. It's stupid. Map claiming, godmodding, AND powerplaying? I hate demons. I've not a single one. This concludes my say on demons on FH.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:36:06 pm by ~FRET~ »

wolfdog01

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 07:22:54 pm »
I like demons over angels, in games that is, I'm kinda iffy in real life. But I have met many great demons and angels, but also some rude ones. I belive a demon should be nice when they choose to be and horrifingly demonic when they want. Angels should be kind and understanding but a swift killer in defense or protection.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 08:16:57 pm »
I see more demon chars than angel chars, and most of them are either in Bonfire or Ficho Tunnel. I have nothing against people having demon chars, but it just gets a bit same-ish and boring when nearly all the demons you see are pitch black wolves with no fur texture, bright red scar markings and scarlet red eyes. That is what I call jumping on the bandwagon. I've noticed that most of the time, not all of the time, that these people dont particularly roleplay with great skill.
However, it does please me when I see a demon character that isn't the stereotypical black scarred wolf and it is quite unique in its design; especially when I recognise it as a demon by their roleplaying and not by a name tag along the lines of "[Name] F Demon".
I do have what would could be considered a demon character; it's a hellhound, based on a creature from a computer I used to play quite a lot. I won't work on Windows 7 because it's old *sob*. That character's design diverts from the typical appearence of most hellhound/demon characters.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:19:29 pm by ♉DoctorFlob☮ »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

wolfdog01

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 08:23:28 pm »
I have nothing against people having demon chars, but it just gets a bit same-ish and boring when nearly all the demons you see are pitch black wolves with no fur texture, bright red scar markings and scarlet red eyes. That is what I call jumping on the bandwagon. I've noticed that most of the time, not all of the time, that these people dont particularly roleplay with great skill.

I agree fully with you there, that's one of the few reasons why I created Thyme, but the sad thing is that I don't find many cat demons. When I see a wolf, as your discription describes, I just kinda wana vomit. I mean it's like people have no creativity these days. I see them everywhere, with wings or not, but just the other day I saw an angel :)

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 10:39:12 pm »
   So far, I do sometimes love seeing those few demonic role players that are actually decent in a group, however the usually good ones are the ones that don't have the words Demon, demonic or evil in their name, just in their bio. (At least that is the ones I've noticed.)
   However I don't have a demon character whatsoever, I do titans instead, cause at least they have a bit of difference from the stereotypical "demons" and "angels" for example, titans can be both good and evil, and have fought the gods, and sometimes helped them. They have their own conscious and aren't completely evil, or good like most typical characters of those species are. Plus I love the mythology around them, it always seems quite interesting for me. However that is just my own personal opinion.~