Author Topic: Getting Into the Game Problems...  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Warrior-Cat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Http://TheLionKingRoleplay.jimdo.com
Getting Into the Game Problems...
« on: August 19, 2013, 06:45:23 pm »
I've been having this Problem with Feralheart, It will not let me choose my rending system, and When I have it on DirectX (similiar to that) it just crashes, Then When I restart it, it shows up the other rendering system but In OpenGL and not another Option. (Practicly Reversing.)
--
Example:
http://simbakovu.deviantart.com/art/Getting-Help-from-Forum2-394442190?ga_submit_new=10%253A1376937657
As you can see there is no other option. And Then When I restart,
http://simbakovu.deviantart.com/art/Getting-Help-from-Forum-394441752
Then this shows as DirectXL but instead of Actually getting into the game it crashes because the other option is not present.
--
I Have Re-installed the game I believe about 6 to 8 times. I'm desperate to get the game running again because I need to complete the Public map I've been making for my TLK group. I cannot loose my_objects file, Particles, Presets, or Maps. Is there anyway to get it running again!?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:47:13 pm by Simba-The-LionKing »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Into the Game Problems...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 07:11:32 pm »
From what I can tell you want to change your rendering mode without going into the game, here's how.

This is taken from the big help thread:
The absolute First thing you want to try is to change the rendering mode for the game. There's different rendering modes you can pick from, usually OpenGL and Direct3D9. This decides which way your graphic card should process the game. This one is at standard set to OpenGL, so we'd want to set it to Direct3D9.

There's 2 ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the options menu, click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row
http://i55BannedImageSite/260vkwl.png

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code:

Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Warrior-Cat

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:41:42 pm »
Okay So I did excactly what you said and tried launching the game, but again it would not let me change the rendering system and when I went back to the Orge.cfg (In Notepad) it again Showed:
Render system=OpenGL Rendering system. I again changed it, saved it, and launched the game but then again it continued to change back to OpenGL..
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:48:25 pm by SimbaKov »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 09:03:19 pm »
I don't know what I can do to help, but that's how you change the rendering mode without launching the game, and it shouldn't change the rendering mode once you saved the config file properly and remain that way until the game is launched.

You will not be able to change rendering mode inside of the launcher that pops up, it's stuck on the selected rendering mode. You can only change it in the .cfg file or if you enter the game and change it in the options menu. So again, the launcher does not change your rendering mode.

What you set in the config file is what the game will launch in.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Warrior-Cat

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 09:09:43 pm »
...I really don't know what to say at this point, When Restarting the game it just continued to keep the orge.cfg file the same and not renew it or anything. Also I'll probably retry what you told me earlier, but All im saying is that it continued to just place itself Back to "OpenGL". Whenever I saved it properly, Though I have to do it in Notepad instead of Wordpad because I donot have that Program in my desktop. I hope this will fix, otherwise my weeks worth of Maps would be destroyed.. D":