Author Topic: Map will not export! Help please!  (Read 1117 times)

Offline GekkanibakaOfWoW

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Hamsteak
    • View Profile
Map will not export! Help please!
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:42:04 pm »
 Well a few days ago I finished up a map and exported it, at first people couldn't get in because of a few objects so I gave them the obj. file to them and it worked. Then the amount of lag caused people to crash so I took the meshes out. Then today a few people tried to get into the map and they could not, we asked them to say what the problem was(by opening the log in the FH folder) and everyone said something about the gates not working so, I began to check in the map's folder and I opened gates file to see that nothing was in there. So I went to export the map to see if that would work, but it didn't. All it said was that it failed to export. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Map will not export! Help please!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 12:01:56 am »
Odd... It could be a file corruption, but I'm not sure.

Map Maker can be a little bit finicky sometimes, but what you could try is opening up your map in Map Maker, then renaming it so it becomes a brand new file in your game.
Then, press Export.
It should reset the files and make things work a little better for you. But, if that doesn't work, let me know. I'll be hanging around to help ya out if you need it. ^^

-- Also, make sure you have all of the updated FH patches. (This probably isn't it, but I just want to have that out of the way.)
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: Map will not export! Help please!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 09:55:18 am »
I have run into something like this before and it was because there were still characters in the map. So possibly try getting all the people who have your map and still have characters in it to get them out including your own ones then try re exporting it.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.