Author Topic: Howling and Roaring  (Read 2518 times)

Thunderlion123

Howling and Roaring
« on: July 16, 2011, 04:17:23 pm »
Just wanted to post my opinions on the new roaring and howling. The howling sounds fine to me, but it's a bit... derpy. It kinda takes to long to start howling, and the sound file plays a little too early, to me at least. The roaring however, seems overused. I've seen that same sound file in SO many other games, that it's not even funny. If you could find a different one, that would be cool.

Another thing, all the howls sound exactly the same. Well, what about in Impressive Title when the roars would alternate to sound different? It would be cool to do that to the howls, too. Perhaps if a higher decibel, make the head tilt higher than the normal howl. If lower, then make it tilt slightly lower. Another thing I noticed with the howl is that the slight dip of the head before howling is HONESTLY not needed.

(Please don't take this as flaming, even though it sounds like it. D: )

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • Brethren before Wenches.
    • View Profile
Re: Howling and Roaring
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 04:22:05 pm »
I agree with you on how the howling starts too early... I noticed it right off the bat and it annoyed me slightly. It would be nice to have alternate howls, though. However, I really don't mind the one we have now. It's kind of basic, y'know? :3

The roaring I agree with. Although the sound is overused, it's a good sound in my opinion. I did notice in Impressive Title there are different roars, and that would be a very nice addition to the sound. However, I think that in the future there would be more updates to the sounds; just not now c:

Don't kick me when I'm down. Because when I get up, you're screwed.

The name's Vant, don't wear it out hunny |3

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:56:35 pm »
The roar is from other games?
Could you tell me in which games, aside IT you have heard it?
Cause i think FH shouldnt use any maybe copyrighted stuff :/

Thunderlion123

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 01:00:43 am »
I've heard it in the game World Of Warcraft alot. That's the main one. I don't remember the name of the other games, seeing as I haven't played them in years.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 06:22:40 pm »
Some variation and different pitches in the sounds would be nice to have. Though as much as I'd like variation, I'd also want a function that block people from spamming too many howls/roars within a minute, leaving them unable to howl for the next upcoming ones. But aye, trailing of now.

I wasn't sure about that many other games had that roar, but I do remember that IT had at least 2 different roar types yar? It's a nice thing FH should snatch up.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 04:37:38 am »
I've thought before that it'd be nice if the roars were actually lion roars. Right now... I don't know, they almost sound tiger-ish. And, just a thought, what if there were different roar/howl options you could use, to express different emotions. Or different species.

Offline whitesnow

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Malice Clan is open for all! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 03:19:53 pm »
Maybe there should be different howls and roars? But did only KovuLKD do that or did he have help?

Flying cow

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 05:26:10 pm »
Some variation and different pitches in the sounds would be nice to have. Though as much as I'd like variation, I'd also want a function that block people from spamming too many howls/roars within a minute, leaving them unable to howl for the next upcoming ones. But aye, trailing of now.

I wasn't sure about that many other games had that roar, but I do remember that IT had at least 2 different roar types yar? It's a nice thing FH should snatch up.

I kind of agree with Red of the Howl/Roar spamming limit thing, it would be a good thing to have. But I personally didn't enjoy the originally howl/roar sounds, so I implemented my own :3