Author Topic: Hey.. Um...  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Hey.. Um...
« on: February 16, 2013, 04:54:03 pm »
Not sure where to put this, so I put it here.  >.<

Well, I am not so good at roleplaying(I mean, I am... I just am too shy to be in a roleplay because I'm afraid if I do the wrong thing, I'll be kicked out of the roleplay and that'll make me sad.)

I am a shy person, so... I don't really like forums and such, but I do know if I get to know people, I will be used to it like you were a person I knew in real-life.

Anyway, onto the main idea. Could you help me rid my shyness of forums, and roleplaying? I know you might say "You can get over it yourself." But, I can't... :c Sadly, because my shyness is plagued everywhere I go.

Maybe a couple years from now, once I get to know you guys better, I might break my bubble. I'm not sure, though. I've been on forums for years, but... I've always been shy on them, and in games I'm afraid to apply for roleplays, 'cause I don't know what to do. Another reason is that I don't like rude people, and some online games that are multiplayer, I don't go into the actual multiplayer... 'Cause I don't want to get angry..

You might probably say too, "Then... Why don't you leave if you're so shy?" Well, it's because... I liberality have no life. Well, I do... I'm anti-social, so.. The internet is my only place that I can talk to people.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I just wanted people to know this that roleplay.  T_T
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:57:50 pm by Kastilla »
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Hey.. Um...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:12:20 pm »
Awhh, Kastilla... You seem like such a lovely person, there's no need to be shy. c:>
It's perfectly alright to ask about this here, by the way. And to be honest, I understand the RP-shyness issue, and just shyness in general, both in real life and in-game.
The whole key is always, always, be yourself. :)
I already see some of your wonderful individuality in your posts, what with your awesome signature and the lovely text color you use in your posts~
While you have a point, that it is the internet, and there are going to be some rude people, there are also some very kind, welcoming people as well. It's those good-natured ones that you have to focus on, and never let the rude ones get to you. (They're gonna do what they're gonna do- but only you can control yourself. If you don't give them the time of day to bother you, they won't mean a thing.)
As for joining a roleplay, remember that pretty much everyone who runs their own roleplay is always happy to welcome new member. :) Even though they might seem a bit busy at times (say, if you're joining one in Fluorite), they still care about their members. And so long as you just roleplay, smile, be aware of the others in the RP, and be yourself, there's no reason you should be kicked out of it. In fact, once you get into it, you're bound to make some very close friends from joining these.
You seem like a lovely person, so don't let shyness get to you. ^-^ It takes time, but the more you try to be the first person to step out and say hello, you'll very soon find yourself coming out and feeling much more comfortable around new people. And this is both in-game, and also in real life. c:
I hope this was a little bit of help for you, anyway (xD), and I hope to see you around in-game, dearie. c: Maybe we can join a roleplay or something together. :D -nuzzle-
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Kastilla

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 05:19:13 pm »
Awhh, Kastilla... You seem like such a lovely person, there's no need to be shy. c:>
It's perfectly alright to ask about this here, by the way. And to be honest, I understand the RP-shyness issue, and just shyness in general, both in real life and in-game.
The whole key is always, always, be yourself. :)
I already see some of your wonderful individuality in your posts, what with your awesome signature and the lovely text color you use in your posts~
While you have a point, that it is the internet, and there are going to be some rude people, there are also some very kind, welcoming people as well. It's those good-natured ones that you have to focus on, and never let the rude ones get to you. (They're gonna do what they're gonna do- but only you can control yourself. If you don't give them the time of day to bother you, they won't mean a thing.)
As for joining a roleplay, remember that pretty much everyone who runs their own roleplay is always happy to welcome new member. :) Even though they might seem a bit busy at times (say, if you're joining one in Fluorite), they still care about their members. And so long as you just roleplay, smile, be aware of the others in the RP, and be yourself, there's no reason you should be kicked out of it. In fact, once you get into it, you're bound to make some very close friends from joining these.
You seem like a lovely person, so don't let shyness get to you. ^-^ It takes time, but the more you try to be the first person to step out and say hello, you'll very soon find yourself coming out and feeling much more comfortable around new people. And this is both in-game, and also in real life. c:
I hope this was a little bit of help for you, anyway (xD), and I hope to see you around in-game, dearie. c: Maybe we can join a roleplay or something together. :D -nuzzle-

-Tears of happiness and hug- Thank you, White! That means so much to me. ;_; I will go try to be in a roleplay. c: Thanks, again. -nuzzle back-

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 05:26:50 pm »
-Tears of happiness and hug- Thank you, White! That means so much to me. ;_; I will go try to be in a roleplay. c: Thanks, again. -nuzzle back-
Awhh, you're very welcome! -huggles back- <3
Anytime, dearie. I hope you find a wonderful roleplay out there, and have fun! See ya around~ ^.^
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 05:40:46 pm »
Hello Kastilla
I see you around the forum from time to time and you seem like a very nice sort so honestly there's no reason for you to feel so shy. I'm sure plenty people would love to have you as a friend. There's nothing wrong with being shy though, infact a lot of people who play on here are often shy. Like you I also take time before I open up to people although I'm not really shy it's more that I am cautious. Not everyone is warm welcoming and patient on this game... Some individuals can be very mean on this game and I can understand your reluctance to join in in an RP from fear that they will bash you over your RP skills or what not but don't let that discourage you.

Every one has their own level of experience when it comes to RPing so no one individual is perfect with it. What matters is that you have fun and you get lost in your imagination. RPing is just like playing make believe when you were a kid but writing it down as you enter this alternate reality. It's really not to hard to do but it does take practice. As long as you like to have fun and can transport yourself easily to that part of your mind that you so often tapped into as a child you should have no trouble RPing. If you're afraid to enter RPs because people might tease you but you want to practice your skills you could try forum RPing first. Forum RPing is much less intense then in game RP since you can take your time with responses not like in game RPing where the chat box flies by. Forum Rps also allow you to RP with the same people most of the time and therefore allow you to feel gradually more comfortable with the group. On this forum we are lucky to have two RP spots which you can find here:

The Free For All Roleplay Section:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=92.0

Off Topic Roleplay Section:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=39.0

Most of the individuals on the forum are very kind and patient and I'm sure users like Thrillex who often RP in those sections would welcome you warmly and give you pointers as you RP with them. We are all here to have fun and to help one another so don't be a stranger Kastilla <3 Once you get a bit of experience RPing on the forum you can take the steps to try it in game. If you're afraid to get bashed by those so called "literate" RPs try searching for RPs in Bonfire. Most people who advertise there or even in Fluorite are advertising for short term and fairly easy RPs with not too many rules or restrictions. That would give you some room to practice but also not get attacked over your mistakes since there will most likely be others joining the RP with you that don't have a lot of RP experience.

Practice is key here even if you're shy the more RPing you do the more people you'll meet and the larger the groups will get and soon enough you'll realize that not only your RP skills are improving but also your people skills. Just don't be afraid, remember you're behind a computer so if your awkward it's not as bad as real life lol. You can always run away lol ;3 I've had my fair share of being awkward and even laughed at but in the end of the day it's really not a big deal. If a person is going to be your friend they will be your friend even if you're shy. If you like you can even add me and I can practice RP with you one on one so it's no so intimidating :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:48:34 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Kastilla

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:14:24 pm »
Thank you, Sura. c:

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 09:16:50 pm »
You're welcome :3

Offline Kafei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ?????? ?? ??? ????
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:49:03 am »
I have the same problem As stated before, be yourself~ Its more fun that way. I don't like to talk to people in real life, but I'm too scared or shy to say or talk about anything. I've been a member for a little more than a year and I've only got about 10 posts. QAQ But, before I get random and off-topic. . . Just be yourself, and you'll make friends. C:

Offline Blackeme99

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • My Avatar is My FeralHeart Character Shaden :3
    • View Profile
    • Canines
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 06:58:07 am »
It's understandable that you're a bit shy to join roleplays- I am too.

But, Only on FH. I still like doing RPs on other sites.

I know why you're a bit shy- You're afraid you'll mess up, Aren't you? Sometimes i am too. But just try being yourself, And i'm sure everything would go fine.

In the game, My username is Blackeme99.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 05:37:44 pm »
Hey Katze,
I've seen ya some times on the forums, and when I do you seem like a very nice floor. There is honestly no reason to be shy around us..I mean....I hug everyone who mostly comes up to me.(Unless its Lord....he gets to be my couch) >:D
But anyways, there are lots of RPs that happen all the time, there really isn't no limit to how many there are in the world of Feral Heart.
I'm sure with time you'll come out of your shell more and you will fit right in.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358