Author Topic: How do share my maps?  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Zirokko

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Maankamara RPG
How do share my maps?
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:12:36 pm »
I read all things in tutorial/manual section, i tried search with my bad english and I do it several times, but I haven't found aswers.

So. What do I have to do, that I can give my own custom maps to my friends? I think I now how to download others map, but I don't know how I give my own.
I am not so good in english, so try to understand!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: How do share my maps?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:28:09 pm »
To share your map with friends you should first export your map in the Map Maker. Once you've exported your map through the Map Maker there will be files that will appear in your exports folder with your maps name on them. Your exports folder is in (C:/>FeralHeart>Exports). Those in your exports folder will be the files that you would share with your friends so copy those files. Once you copy those files go on to your desktop and right click and create a new zip folder. Right click the zip folder and paste your map files into it. Once you've followed those steps go to any file sharing website like mediafire.com and upload your map's zipped folder there. Once the upload is done you can share your maps download link with whoever you like :)
I hope that helps :3
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:29:47 pm by LordSuragaha »

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:31:55 pm »
When giving maps to other people, you usually need an account for things like 4share, Mediafire, or any other file-sharing device.

The download will actually consist of more than one thing if you used custom meshes/object packs that are not found within the original download of "FeralHeart".

Maps must also be exported through map-maker; when this happens you usually have to find the file of your map and place it into a .zip folder. This goes the same for any object files you have used. It usually helps to try to memorise your object files in this case, but if your a lazy derp like me, you can always just dump then into your zip file- by 'them' I mean the object files found in FeralHeart>Media>Objects, of course.

After packing them all into there, and uploading your .zip/.rar file to a file-sharing site, all's the really need is the link which you can send to your friends- and then your basicly all good! You and your friends can access your custom-map ;3

Edit: Suragah, you beat me too it~! >U
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:33:34 pm by RighteouslyLecturingBlacki? »

Offline Zirokko

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Maankamara RPG
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:46:45 pm »
Okey. That helps a lot. One more question! If I and my friend are in the sam map (example Waterfall) Can we see each other?

edit:// while exporting things feral heart says  exaample 'cannot find X.mesh', does that mean somethin did not see right to my friends?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:48:36 pm by Zirokko »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:47:42 pm »
If Waterfall is a custom map and you both have the same map files then yes you should be able to see each other :)

Offline Zirokko

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Maankamara RPG
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 09:50:38 pm »
While exporting things feral heart says  exaample 'cannot find X.mesh', does that mean somethin did not see right to my friends?

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »
If you used downloaded objects in your map, it means FH isn't finding them.
Make sure any downloaded objects were place in the appropriate folder, my_objects.